College of Charleston defeats Chattanooga 96-69Mar 7, 2010 - 4:48 AM CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 27 points and Tony White Jr. had 22 to lead College of Charleston to a 96-69 victory over Chattanooga in the quarterfinals of the Southern Conference Tournament on Saturday night.
The game was stopped for several minutes with 11:14 remaining when Chattanooga's Ty Patterson collapsed in front of the bench during a timeout. Patterson, a 6-foot-6 senior from Anderson, S.C., was carried off on a stretcher and taken to Carolinas Medical Center, where his condition was listed as stable.
Chattanooga coach John Shulman said he was told by medical personnel that Patterson's blood pressure rose and he was having trouble breathing, but "they weren't really sure what happened."
College of Charleston (21-10) moved into a semifinal game against Appalachian State on Sunday.
The Mocs (15-18) also got 15 points from DeAntre Jefferson.
- UT-CHATTANOOGA: 69
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON: 96
Mar 6 11:16 PM
- UT-CHATTANOOGA: 36
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON: 56
Mar 6 10:19 PM
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach Mon
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12
- Cat fight in SoCon title game has Charleston battling Davidson Mar 11
- Louisville has easy time with College of Charleston Dec 5
- Cardinals and Cougars collide in Charleston Dec 4
- College of Charelston downs No. 24 Baylor Nov 25
- Cougars battle Bears in non-conference tussle Nov 24
- Jayhawks use second-half surge to down Mocs Nov 16
- Mocs face tall task in clash with seventh-ranked Jayhawks Nov 15
- Wojcik named head coach at CofC Mar 31