College of Charleston defeats Chattanooga 96-69Mar 7, 2010 - 4:48 AM CHARLOTTE, N.C.(AP) -- Andrew Goudelock scored 27 points and Tony White Jr. had 22 to lead College of Charleston to a 96-69 victory over Chattanooga in the quarterfinals of the Southern Conference Tournament on Saturday night.
The game was stopped for several minutes with 11:14 remaining when Chattanooga's Ty Patterson collapsed in front of the bench during a timeout. Patterson, a 6-foot-6 senior from Anderson, S.C., was carried off on a stretcher and taken to Carolinas Medical Center, where his condition was listed as stable.
Chattanooga coach John Shulman said he was told by medical personnel that Patterson's blood pressure rose and he was having trouble breathing, but "they weren't really sure what happened."
College of Charleston (21-10) moved into a semifinal game against Appalachian State on Sunday.
The Mocs (15-18) also got 15 points from DeAntre Jefferson.
- UT-CHATTANOOGA: 69
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON: 96
Mar 6 11:16 PM
- UT-CHATTANOOGA: 36
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON: 56
Mar 6 10:19 PM
- Adams leads UCLA past Chattanooga Nov 25
- Mocs seek upset of 22nd-ranked Bruins Nov 24
- Louisville takes care of business in season opener Nov 9
- Defending champion Cardinals open campaign against Cougars Nov 9
- Chattanooga selects Wade as new men's hoops coach May 13
- Chattanooga tabs Foster as next women's basketball coach May 9
- Chattanooga fires Shulman Mar 21
- Brooks leads Davidson to another SoCon title Mar 12
- Cat fight in SoCon title game has Charleston battling Davidson Mar 11
- Louisville has easy time with College of Charleston Dec 5
- Cardinals and Cougars collide in Charleston Dec 4
- College of Charelston downs No. 24 Baylor Nov 25