Utah State rips Louisiana Tech 85-55; 17th in rowMar 13, 2010 - 7:17 AM By SCOTT SONNER Associated Press Writer
RENO, Nev.(AP) -- Jared Quayle scored 16 points to lead Utah State to its 17th straight victory and into the finals of the Western Athletic Conference tournament with an 85-55 win Friday night over Louisiana Tech.
Brady Jardine added 13 points and Pooh Williams 10 for the top-seeded Aggies (27-6), who shot a blistering 66 percent in the first half and 59 percent for the game.
Utah State, the WAC's regular-season champ the last three years in a row, will play for the tourney title Saturday night against third-seeded New Mexico State.
Kyle Gibson, David Jackson and Olu Ashaolu scored 10 points each for the fourth-seeded Bulldogs (23-10), who made only four of their first 16 tries and shot 35 percent for the game. They lost their star, 6-foot-11 center Magnum Rolle, to an ankle injury less than 3 minutes in.
- LOUISIANA TECH: 55
UTAH STATE: 85
Mar 12 10:57 PM
- LOUISIANA TECH: 24
UTAH STATE: 46
Mar 12 9:55 PM
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28
- Bulldogs put new ranking on the line against Aggies Feb 28
- Utah State's Berger hospitalized after collapse Dec 5
- Hall guides Mercer to CIT Final victory Mar 29
- Mercer battles Utah State for CIT title Mar 28
- New Mexico State claims WAC title Mar 11
- No. 15 Mississippi State slips past Utah State Dec 31
- Aggies challenge 15th-ranked Bulldogs in non-conference action Dec 31
- Pullen, K-State open NCAAs with win over Aggies Mar 18
- Utah State takes WAC tourney title Mar 13
- Utah State squeaks by San Jose State, reaches WAC final Mar 12