Missouri cruises past MercerNov 15, 2011 - 5:07 AM Columbia, MO (Sports Network) - Phil Pressey scored 22 points and handed out four assists as the Missouri Tigers defeated the Mercer Bears, 81-63, as part of the CBE Classic.
Kim English netted 18 points, Michael Dixon had 14 points and Marcus Denmon chipped in 12 points for the Tigers (2-0), who shot 11-of-22 from beyond the arc.
Jibri Ryan led Mercer (1-1) with 19 points.
With the game tied at four, Missouri used a 13-3 run to jump ahead of the Bears 17-7. Pressey chipped in four and Denmon hit a three-pointer on the run to give the Tigers some breathing room.
The lead stayed at double-digits for the majority of the first half as the Tigers took a 40-24 advantage into the break.
The Bears made it a 63-53 game with 5:31 left after a quick 11-1 run, but English nailed a three-pointer to halt Mercer's momentum and the Tigers coasted the rest of the way.
Missouri recorded 14 steals and forced 20 turnovers.
"I think we're improving. ...We've got to get used to...being up and playing the same defense we would if we were down," Dixon said. "It's just mindset and we're just going to have to get better game by game."
Missouri has won all four games in the series...It's Missouri's fourth appearance in the CBE Classic (2001, 2004 and 2007)...The Tigers have won 60 consecutive non-conference games at home.
- MERCER: 63
Nov 14 10:03 PM
- MERCER: 24
Nov 14 8:54 PM
- MERCER: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Nov 14 8:06 PM
- Pressey to enter NBA Draft Apr 10
- Green, Rams down Tigers Mar 22
- Tigers butt heads with Rams in Midwest Regional Mar 20
- Florida Gulf Coast downs Mercer for Atlantic Sun Tournament crown Mar 9
- Eagles and Bears clash for A-Sun title Mar 9
- Missouri continues dominance at home by upending No. 5 Florida Feb 20
- Gators and Tigers square off in SEC showdown Feb 19
- Missouri blasts Ole Miss to maintain home success Feb 9
- Missouri puts lengthy home win streak on line against Ole Miss Feb 9
- Harris' late 3-pointer helps Texas A&M edge Missouri Feb 8
- No. 21 Tigers set sights on Aggies in SEC affair Feb 7
- Bell leads Missouri over Auburn Feb 2