Brust leads Wisconsin in rout of ColgateNov 17, 2011 - 4:35 AM Madison, WI (Sports Network) - Ben Brust scored 17 points as the 14th-ranked Wisconsin Badgers routed the Colgate Raiders, 68-41.
Brust was the only double-digit scorer for the Badgers.
Heralded Wisconsin guard Jordan Taylor scored just nine points on 3-of-10 shooting, but did grab seven boards and dished out four assists for the Badgers (2-0), who are 2-0 for the 10th consecutive season.
John Brandenburg netted 11 points for Colgate (1-1), which won its season opener against Binghamton.
"Obviously you never want to end up on the short end of a 68-41 ballgame, but Wisconsin's program, what Coach [Bo] Ryan stands for, what his players year-in and year-out do on and off the floor is really a model for college basketball in my mind," Colgate head coach Matt Langel said.
Brust paced the way with 13 first-half points -- including four three-pointers -- as the Badgers took a commanding 42-20 advantage after the opening 20 minutes.
After connecting on 15-of-25 from beyond the arc in its season-opening win against Kennesaw State, Wisconsin hit on 10-of-23 attempts from beyond the arc against Colgate and cruised in the second half despite making just 2-of-10 foul shots.
"We didn't shoot [free throws] very well. We have to be better at the line, and they know it," Wisconsin head coach Bo Ryan said.
Wisconsin recorded 11 steals and held the Raiders to just 34.8 percent shooting from the field.
It was the first meeting between the two schools, but Wisconsin moved to 5-0 all-time against the Patriot League...Wisconsin takes on Wofford on Saturday at home in a rematch of the 2010 NCAA Tournament. The fourth-seeded Badgers escaped with a 53-49 win over the 13th-seeded Terriers in first round action.
- Badgers hope to continue dominance over visiting Panthers 10:37a
- Badgers prevail in in-state battle with Marquette Sat
- Badgers put perfect mark on line against Golden Eagles Sat
- No. 8 Wisconsin stifles Virginia Dec 4
- Badgers visit Cavaliers in Big Ten/ACC Challenge Dec 4
- Wisconsin tops West Virginia to take Cancun title Nov 28
- Kaminsky, Wisconsin down Saint Louis Nov 27
- Billikens battle Badgers in Cancun Challenge Nov 26
- Kaminsky leads Wisconsin past Oral Roberts Nov 24
- Golden Eagles hope to soar past 12th-ranked Badgers Nov 23
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21