Adams scores 15 to lead No. 15 Texas A&M past RiceNov 19, 2009 - 3:57 AM COLLEGE STATION, Texas(AP) -- Danielle Adams scored 15 points in only 18 minutes and No. 15 Texas A&M cruised past Rice 86-50 Wednesday night.
Adams, a junior-college transfer, has averaged 20 points in her first two games with A&M. Tanisha Smith added 14 points for the Aggies (2-0).
Jessica Goswitz led Rice (0-2) with 10 points.
A&M used a 23-5 run midway through the first half to pull away.
The Aggies shot 10 for 13 from the field over a 6-minute stretch to take a 34-13 lead. A&M finished with 11 steals, including three by point guard Sydney Colson.
The Aggies have averaged 91 points in their first two games, including an upset of Duke in their opener.
- Nebraska takes down Aggies to advance to Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Aggies punch ticket to second round with rout of Shockers Mar 23
- Texas A&M edges Kentucky for first SEC title Mar 10
- Aggies edge Lady Vols in SEC semifinals Mar 9
- Lady Vols top No. 13 Texas A&M to claim SEC crown Feb 28
- Clarke carries Vanderbilt over No. 10 Texas A&M Feb 24
- Bone leads No. 10 Texas A&M past Ole Miss Feb 22
- Stallworth, No. 8 Kentucky down No. 10 Texas A&M Feb 18
- Kentucky sets one school record, extends another Jan 10
- Notre Dame holds off Texas A&M Dec 21
- Maryland mounts late comeback to advance to Elite Eight Mar 25
- Texas A&M holds off late Arkansas rally to advance Mar 20