Tuomi helps Vanderbilt stay unbeatenNov 25, 2009 - 2:14 AM PHILADELPHIA(AP) -- Hannah Tuomi scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, and No. 21 Vanderbilt pulled away midway through the second half for a 59-46 victory over Saint Josephs on Tuesday night.
Jence Rhoads added 11 points and Jordan Coleman had a career-high 10 rebounds for the Commodores (4-0).
Ashley Logue had 12 points and 10 rebounds while Michelle Baker contributed a career-high 10 rebounds for the Hawks (1-3), who committed 20 turnovers and shot just 26 percent (16-for-61) from the field.
Despite the poor shooting, the Hawks only trailed 41-39 with 9:03 remaining. Vanderbilt then went on a 10-0 run over the next 6 minutes to put the game away. Coleman scored four points during the spurt.
Saint Josephs never got closer than 10 the rest of the game. The Hawks have not defeated a ranked team since a 71-69 victory over No. 15 Auburn on Dec. 29, 2007.
- UConn cruises against Commodores in Storrs Mar 25
- Clarke leads Vanderbilt over St. Joseph's Mar 23
- No. 7 Kentucky downs Vanderbilt in SEC quarters Mar 8
- Clarke carries Vanderbilt over No. 10 Texas A&M Feb 24
- No. 10 Kentucky steamrolls Vanderbilt Feb 10
- No. 9 Tennessee gets past Vanderbilt Jan 24
- Duke dominates Vandy, advances to round of 16 Mar 21
- Vanderbilt advances after downing Middle Tennessee Mar 18
- Tennessee dominates Vanderbilt Jan 15
- Louisville has no trouble with Vanderbilt Mar 20
- Strong second half powers Xavier past St. Joe's Mar 5
- Stricklen guides Tennessee over Vandy Feb 13