Wiggins scores 21 as Stanford rollsFeb 2, 2007 - 8:06 AM SANTA BARBARA, California (Ticker) -- Candice Wiggins scored 21 points and added six assists to lead No. 9 Stanford to an 84-59 victory over UC Santa Barbara.
Brooke Smith added 16 points and 10 rebounds and Kristen Newlin had 10 and 9 for the Cardinal (19-3), who shot 55 percent (36-of-66) and held a 44-25 advantage on the boards.
Wiggins connected on 8-of-16 shots from the field, including 4-of-6 from the arc, in 30 minutes.
Jenna Green scored 14 points for Santa Barbara (11-10), which shot just 44 percent (27-of-62).
- STANFORD: 84
UC SANTA BARBARA: 59
Feb 1 11:49 PM
- STANFORD: 40
UC SANTA BARBARA: 27
Feb 1 10:51 PM
- Georgia upsets top-seeded Stanford, advances to Elite Eight Mar 31
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Ogwumike helps Stanford survive Tulsa Mar 24
- No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 title Mar 10
- Ogwumike leads No. 4 Stanford over Colorado in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- Stanford dominates Washington State in Pac-12 QFs Mar 9
- Ogwumike, Stanford down WSU for 14th straight victory Mar 2
- Cardinal cruise past slipping Huskies Mar 1
- Ogwumike sets Stanford single-game rebound record in rout of Oregon Feb 24
- No. 4 Stanford dominates Oregon State Feb 23
- Stanford stays hot by topping No. 15 UCLA Feb 17
- No. 4 Stanford crushes USC Feb 16