Evans has 28 points, leads James Madison to winDec 31, 2009 - 2:42 AM HARRISONBURG, Va.(AP) -- Dawn Evans scored 28 points and nine assists to lead No. 25 James Madison to a 74-65 win over Western Michigan in the championship game of the JMU Invitational on Wednesday night.
Evans was 6 of 10 from 3-point range for the Dukes (10-1), who also got 21 points from Lauren Jimenez and 11 from Tarik Hislop.
Miame Giden led the Broncos (5-8) with 24 points and 11 rebounds, and Ebony Cleary added 14 points.
After James Madison stretched its lead to 23 with a 15-5 run midway through the second half, Western Michigan cut the lead to eight with 3:13 to play. The Dukes, however, responded with a 9-2 run to close out the win.
- Cowgirls defeat Dukes for WNIT Title Mar 31
- James Madison extends women's basketball coach, two others Sep 13
- Explosive Oklahoma knocks off James Madison Mar 20
- Temple beats James Madison, 65-53 Mar 21
- James Madison-Temple Preview Mar 20
- Old Dominion 53, James Madison 67 Mar 14
- James Madison beat Old Dominion for CAA title Mar 14
- Delaware 83, James Madison 88 Feb 19
- JMU's high-scoring Evans fighting kidney disease Feb 17
- Drexel upsets No. 25 James Madison 68-67 Jan 3
- Evans paces No. 25 James Madison to win Dec 29