Horne, Bowling Green reach Mid-American title gameMar 9, 2007 - 11:27 PM CLEVELAND (Ticker) -- Carin Horne and Bowling Green moved a step closer to another tournament title.
Horne scored 18 points as the No. 18 Falcons booked their fourth straight appearance in the Mid-American Conference tournament final with a 71-57 victory over Eastern Michigan.
The two-time defending champion, Bowling Green (28-3) will face Ball State in the championship game Saturday.
One of three senior starters, Horne shot 7-of-12 from the field with four 3-pointers and grabbed seven rebounds.
Ali Mann scored 13 points and Kate Achter added 12, seven rebounds and five assists for the Falcons, who overcame 40 percent (24-of-60) shooting by scoring 14 points off 16 turnovers by the Eagles (16-13).
Bowling Green, which tied the conference mark for single-season wins it set last season, took control of the game with a 20-4 run in the first half and led ,35-24, at intermission.
Sarah VanMetre had 14 points and 16 rebounds for Eastern Michigan, which pulled no closer than six points after the break.
- EASTERN MICHIGAN: 57
BOWLING GREEN: 71
Mar 9 4:29 PM
- EASTERN MICHIGAN: 24
BOWLING GREEN: 35
Mar 9 3:19 PM
- Lady Gamecocks fly past Eagles to the Second Round Mar 17
- Yellow Jackets sting Bowling Green in first round Mar 19
- E. Michigan reports women's basketball violations Sep 27
- Michigan State pulls away from Bowling Green 72-62 Mar 20
- Bowling Green-Michigan St. Preview Mar 19
- Toledo 53, Bowling Green 62 Mar 13
- Bowling Green wins MAC title 62-53 over Toledo Mar 13
- Pontius helps Bowling Green upset Vanderbilt Dec 4
- No. 5 Notre Dame beats Eastern Michigan 69-59 Dec 2
- Lavender leads No. 3 Ohio State over Bowling Green Nov 15
- Notre Dame needs overtime to down Bowling Green Dec 5
- Orsillo fills for January, Arizona St advances Mar 24