UConn gets back on track, handles VillanovaJan 6, 2011 - 3:38 AM Storrs, CT (Sports Network) - Tiffany Hayes finished with a game-high 22 points, and the No. 2 Connecticut Huskies blitzed the Villanova Wildcats, 81-35, at Gampel Pavilion.
Maya Moore added 16 points and nine rebounds. Bria Hartley scored 13 and Kelly Faris grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds for the Huskies (13-1, 3-0 Big East), who fell to Stanford 71-59 on December 30 to end their NCAA Division I record winning streak at 90 games.
Lindsay Kimmel finished with six points to lead the Wildcats (7-7, 0-2), who got five points each from Heather Scanlon, Laura Sweeney and Jesse Carey.
UConn roared out to a 23-2 lead, and Moore capped a dominating first half with a short jumper to give UConn a 44-12 edge at intermission.
The Huskies shot 55 percent from the field in the opening 20 minutes, including 5-of-8 from beyond the arc.
Villanova wasn't able to shrink its deficit under 24 points as the Huskies kept pouring it on in the second half.
- VILLANOVA: 35
Jan 5 9:23 PM
- VILLANOVA: 12
Jan 5 8:22 PM
- VILLANOVA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 5 7:40 PM
- No. 1 UConn races past Cincy and into semis 5:49p
- Huskies beat Cardinals for American title Mon
- UConn thumps Rutgers Mar 1
- Top-ranked UConn crushes SMU, remains unbeaten Feb 25
- Top-ranked UConn dominates Houston Feb 22
- Top-ranked UConn routs UCF, remains unbeaten Feb 19
- No. 1 UConn routs South Florida Feb 16
- UConn's Mosqueda-Lewis out 3-6 weeks Feb 14
- No. 1 UConn rolls past No. 4 Louisville Feb 9
- No. 1 UConn trounces SMU to stay unbeaten Feb 4
- Top-ranked UConn defangs Bearcats Feb 1
- UConn stays undefeated as Stewart lights up Temple Jan 28