UConn gets back on track, handles VillanovaJan 6, 2011 - 3:38 AM Storrs, CT (Sports Network) - Tiffany Hayes finished with a game-high 22 points, and the No. 2 Connecticut Huskies blitzed the Villanova Wildcats, 81-35, at Gampel Pavilion.
Maya Moore added 16 points and nine rebounds. Bria Hartley scored 13 and Kelly Faris grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds for the Huskies (13-1, 3-0 Big East), who fell to Stanford 71-59 on December 30 to end their NCAA Division I record winning streak at 90 games.
Lindsay Kimmel finished with six points to lead the Wildcats (7-7, 0-2), who got five points each from Heather Scanlon, Laura Sweeney and Jesse Carey.
UConn roared out to a 23-2 lead, and Moore capped a dominating first half with a short jumper to give UConn a 44-12 edge at intermission.
The Huskies shot 55 percent from the field in the opening 20 minutes, including 5-of-8 from beyond the arc.
Villanova wasn't able to shrink its deficit under 24 points as the Huskies kept pouring it on in the second half.
- VILLANOVA: 35
Jan 5 9:23 PM
- VILLANOVA: 12
Jan 5 8:22 PM
- VILLANOVA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 5 7:40 PM
- Stewart reaches 2,000 points as UConn beats KState 97-57 Mon
- No. 1 UConn opens with a 100-56 win against No. 7 Ohio State Nov 16
- UConn experiments with bigger ball in exhibition win Nov 8
- UConn looking for fourth straight NCAA title Nov 8
- Huskies will test out potential rules changes in exhibition Oct 26
- UConn men and women celebrate opening of practice season Oct 16
- Auriemma, UConn win 10th national title Apr 7
- UConn's Stewart takes home 2nd straight Naismith Apr 7
- UConn takes down Maryland, heads back to title game Apr 5
- UConn shakes Dayton, advances to another Final Four Mar 31
- UConn women roll into Elite Eight Mar 28
- Huskies cruise past Rutgers to advance Mar 23