UConn gets back on track, handles VillanovaJan 6, 2011 - 3:38 AM Storrs, CT (Sports Network) - Tiffany Hayes finished with a game-high 22 points, and the No. 2 Connecticut Huskies blitzed the Villanova Wildcats, 81-35, at Gampel Pavilion.
Maya Moore added 16 points and nine rebounds. Bria Hartley scored 13 and Kelly Faris grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds for the Huskies (13-1, 3-0 Big East), who fell to Stanford 71-59 on December 30 to end their NCAA Division I record winning streak at 90 games.
Lindsay Kimmel finished with six points to lead the Wildcats (7-7, 0-2), who got five points each from Heather Scanlon, Laura Sweeney and Jesse Carey.
UConn roared out to a 23-2 lead, and Moore capped a dominating first half with a short jumper to give UConn a 44-12 edge at intermission.
The Huskies shot 55 percent from the field in the opening 20 minutes, including 5-of-8 from beyond the arc.
Villanova wasn't able to shrink its deficit under 24 points as the Huskies kept pouring it on in the second half.
- VILLANOVA: 35
Jan 5 9:23 PM
- VILLANOVA: 12
Jan 5 8:22 PM
- VILLANOVA: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 5 7:40 PM
- Correction: T25-UConn-South Carolina story Tue
- No. 2 South Carolina looking to slow down UConn's Stewart Feb 7
- Mild-mannered UConn point guard creates alter ego for court Feb 6
- Nurse scores 20 as UConn routs East Carolina 92-46 Feb 6
- No. 2 South Carolina vs. No. 1 UConn Gamecocks 1st sellout Feb 5
- Breanna Stewart, top-ranked UConn overwhelm Tulane 96-38 Feb 3
- UConn routs Memphis 83-40 for 57th consecutive win Jan 30
- UConn rolls to season-high 64 point win over Tulsa Jan 27
- No. 1 UConn beats SMU 90-37, runs winning streak to 55. Jan 23
- No. 1 UConn women top UCF 106-51 for 54th win in a row Jan 20
- Stewart lifts No. 1 UConn to 104-49 rout of Temple Jan 16
- Jefferson leads No. 1 UConn in rout of Memphis, 86-46 Jan 13