No. 4 Stanford uses big first half to down Oregon StateJan 29, 2011 - 10:46 PM Corvallis, OR (Sports Network) - Kayla Pedersen made six of her seven shots en route to 21 points as No. 4 Stanford easily took care of Oregon State, 74-44.
Pedersen also went 3-for-3 from the three-point arc and 6-of-7 from the free throw line for Stanford (18-2, 9-0 Pac-10), which has won 12 straight.
Jeanette Pohlen posted 15 points and five assists and Chiney Ogwumike and Nnemkadi Ogwumike had 11 and 10 points, respectively, for the victors.
Earlysia Marchbanks carried the offensive load with 19 points for Oregon State (7-13, 0-9).
Stanford came out hot by shooting 59.1 percent of its first-half shots to take a commanding 39-19 lead.
They ended the game making 46.4 percent from the field, while holding Oregon State to 27.1 percent shooting for the game. The visitors' biggest lead came with 6:45 left in the game when they separated themselves by 36, 68-32, off of a Joslyn Tinkle layup.
- STANFORD: 74
OREGON STATE: 44
Jan 29 4:32 PM
- STANFORD: 39
OREGON STATE: 19
Jan 29 3:40 PM
- STANFORD: 0
OREGON STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 29 3:01 PM
- Georgia upsets top-seeded Stanford, advances to Elite Eight Mar 31
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Ogwumike helps Stanford survive Tulsa Mar 24
- No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 title Mar 10
- Ogwumike leads No. 4 Stanford over Colorado in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- Stanford dominates Washington State in Pac-12 QFs Mar 9
- Ogwumike, Stanford down WSU for 14th straight victory Mar 2
- Cardinal cruise past slipping Huskies Mar 1
- Ogwumike sets Stanford single-game rebound record in rout of Oregon Feb 24
- California rallies from slow start to hold off Oregon State Feb 24
- No. 4 Stanford dominates Oregon State Feb 23
- Stanford stays hot by topping No. 15 UCLA Feb 17