Baylor beats Colorado to finish off regular seasonMar 6, 2011 - 12:09 AM Boulder, CO (Sports Network) - Brittney Griner scored a game-best 26 points and hauled in a game-high 13 boards as third-ranked Baylor dominated Colorado, 81-59, to close out the regular season at the Coors Events Center.
Odyssey Sims tallied 18 points and eight boards, while Destiny Williams supplied 10 points and 11 caroms for the Lady Bears (28-2, 15-1 Big 12), who earned 15 Big 12 conference wins for the first time in school history.
Brittany Spears totaled 23 points and nine rebounds, while Meagan Malcolm-Peck contributed 16 points and 10 boards for the Buffaloes (15-14, 6-10), who had a three-game win streak snapped.
Baylor scored the game's first 13 points and fashioned a 30-10 lead before the Buffaloes stormed back to close the gap to 34-28 at halftime.
Leading by eight in the second half, the visitors put the game out of reach with a 14-0 surge to increase their lead to 57-35 with under 12 minutes to go.
- BAYLOR: 81
Mar 5 6:05 PM
- BAYLOR: 34
Mar 5 5:02 PM
- BAYLOR: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 5 4:11 PM
- Baylor's Griner captures women's Naismith Award Apr 8
- Louisville stuns Baylor, ends Griner's college career Mar 31
- Griner dunks three times, Lady Bears cruise to Sweet 16 Mar 27
- Griner leads Baylor to blowout victory Mar 24
- Buffaloes bowled over by Kansas in first round Mar 23
- Griner, Baylor down Iowa State for third straight Big 12 title Mar 11
- No. 1 Baylor heads to third straight Big 12 final Mar 10
- Ogwumike leads No. 4 Stanford over Colorado in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- Griner, Baylor cruise past Kansas State Mar 9
- Griner sets Big 12 record as Baylor downs Kansas State Mar 4
- No. 1 Baylor dominates West Virginia Mar 2
- Baylor pounds Oklahoma for 25th straight win Feb 25