Texas A&M advances to Sweet 16Mar 23, 2011 - 6:20 AM Bossier City, LA (Sports Network) - Danielle Adams scored 28 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead the second-seeded Texas A&M Aggies past the seventh-seeded Rutgers Scarlet Knights, 70-48, in a second round NCAA Tournament matchup from the CenturyTel Center.
Sydney Carter and Tyra White scored 14 and 11 points, respectively, for the Aggies (29-5), who advanced to face Georgia.
April Sykes scored 21 points for Rutgers (20-13), while Erica Wheeler added 12 points and Chelsey Lee pulled 11 rebounds.
Texas A&M played strong defense early, limiting the Scarlet Knights to just 37 percent first half shooting, to take a 32-24 lead into the break.
The second half saw the Aggies shoot 58.3 percent from the field to cruise to victory.
In all, Rutgers hit just 35.8 percent of its shots.
- RUTGERS: 48
TEXAS A&M: 70
Mar 22 11:33 PM
- RUTGERS: 24
TEXAS A&M: 32
Mar 22 10:27 PM
- RUTGERS: 0
TEXAS A&M: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Mar 22 9:41 PM
- Nebraska takes down Aggies to advance to Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Aggies punch ticket to second round with rout of Shockers Mar 23
- Texas A&M edges Kentucky for first SEC title Mar 10
- Aggies edge Lady Vols in SEC semifinals Mar 9
- Lady Vols top No. 13 Texas A&M to claim SEC crown Feb 28
- Stringer picks up 900th career win as Rutgers downs USF Feb 27
- Clarke carries Vanderbilt over No. 10 Texas A&M Feb 24
- Bone leads No. 10 Texas A&M past Ole Miss Feb 22
- Stallworth, No. 8 Kentucky down No. 10 Texas A&M Feb 18
- No. 3 UConn downs Rutgers; Stringer stuck on 899 Feb 16
- Diggins helps Notre Dame drop Rutgers Jan 13
- Kentucky sets one school record, extends another Jan 10