No. 6 Texas A&M takes down No. 9 LouisvilleNov 15, 2011 - 11:19 PM College Station, TX (Sports Network) - Kelsey Bone scored 15 points and added nine rebounds as sixth-ranked Texas A&M easily handled No. 9 Louisville 76-58.
Sydney Carter added 14 points with eight steals while Tyra White dropped in 13 points for the defending national champion Aggies (2-0).
Bria Smith recorded a game-high 20 points in a losing effort for the Cardinals (1-1).
Texas A&M kicked off the game with an 8-0 run that was answered by a seven- point stretch by Louisville.
The Aggies were then able to extend their lead to 18-9 near the midpoint of the first half and led by as much as 13 before taking a 33-25 advantage into the break.
Texas A&M consistently held a double-digit lead through the first portion of the second half before Smith's layup with 13:10 left in regulation made it a 47-38 game.
But the Aggies reeled off five straight buckets capped by an Alexia Standish three-pointer to put Texas A&M on top 58-38 with 10:03 remaining.
The Cardinals would not close the gap any closer than 15 points for the rest of the game as Texas A&M ran away with it down the final stretch.
- Connecticut wins 8th title in rout of Louisville Apr 10
- Cardinals, Huskies battle for NCAA title Apr 9
- Louisville rallies in second half to reach title game Apr 7
- Fifth-seeded Louisville downs Lady Vols to earn Final Four berth Apr 2
- Louisville stuns Baylor, ends Griner's college career Mar 31
- Louisville downs Purdue, earns spot in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Nebraska takes down Aggies to advance to Sweet 16 Mar 25
- Louisville defends home floor to advance Mar 24
- Aggies punch ticket to second round with rout of Shockers Mar 23
- Notre Dame gets past Louisville and into Big East final Mar 11
- Texas A&M edges Kentucky for first SEC title Mar 10
- Aggies edge Lady Vols in SEC semifinals Mar 9