UConn shakes off weekend defeat, routs PittFeb 22, 2012 - 3:51 AM Pittsburgh, PA (Sports Network) - Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis totaled a game-high 23 points as No. 4 Connecticut routed Pitt by an 86-37 count on Tuesday.
Tiffany Hayes added 13 and five steals for the Huskies (25-3, 12-2 Big East), who snapped back to attention just three days after St. John's ended their home win streak at 99 games.
Brianna Kiesel scored 15 points for the Panthers (8-19, 0-14), who received 10 points from Ashlee Anderson in a losing cause.
Connecticut led 29-4 early on and went to the break up 48-10 thanks to holding Pitt to 12 percent (3-of-25) shooting from the floor.
The outcome was never in doubt from there.
- Pittsburgh names McConnell-Serio women's hoops coach Apr 12
- Connecticut wins 8th title in rout of Louisville Apr 10
- Cardinals, Huskies battle for NCAA title Apr 9
- Fourth Time's The Charm: UConn downs Notre Dame to reach title game Apr 8
- UConn cruises to sixth straight Final Four Apr 1
- Stewart shines as UConn coasts past Maryland Mar 30
- Auriemma inks five-year extension with UConn Mar 27
- UConn cruises against Commodores in Storrs Mar 25
- Top-seed UConn moves on with rout of Idaho Mar 23
- Notre Dame edges UConn for first Big East Tournament title Mar 12
- No. 3 UConn beats Syracuse for spot in Big East final Mar 11
- Stewart leads No. 3 UConn past DePaul in Big East quarters Mar 10