Matt Daniel leaves Central Arkansas for MarshallMay 29, 2012 - 8:38 PM Huntington, WV (Sports Network) - Marshall University has named Matt Daniel as its new head women's basketball coach.
Daniel takes over for Royce Chadwick, who resigned last month after 11 seasons.
The 35-year-old Daniel spent the past four seasons as the head women's basketball coach at Central Arkansas, compiling a 72-50 record. During that time, he took the Sugar Bears from a Division II program to the Division I level, including a Southland Conference championship. He also was named as the 2010 and 2012 Southland Coach of the Year.
"My wife and I are ecstatic to be back in Huntington," said Daniel. "I was recruited here as a player by coach (Billy) Donovan and I think that his style of play fits my style of play. We will play a style of basketball that is entertaining and fast paced. I think it's more fun to coach, officiate, watch, and play against. We flipped the program at Central Arkansas into a championship program and a prominent program nationally. We will come and try to do the same at Marshall."
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- West Virginia clobbers Marshall Jan 19
- No. 16 West Virginia beats Marshall 74-42 Jan 20
- No. 24 Pitt cruises past Marshall, 80-58 Nov 28
- Sanni's 17 points leads West Virginia past Marshall Jan 23
- No. 23 Oklahoma sets record in rout of Central Arkansas Dec 22
- Vining scores 18 as Oklahoma routs Central Arkansas Dec 20
- Langhorne lifts No. 1 Maryland over Marshall Nov 29