Vining scores 18 as Oklahoma routs Central ArkansasDec 21, 2007 - 2:18 AM NORMAN, Oklahoma (Ticker) -- Jenny Vining led eight players in double figures with 18 points as No. 9 Oklahoma routed Central Arkansas, 121-48, on Thursday.
Courtney Paris had 14 points, 13 rebounds and six blocked shots for the Sooners (7-2), who held a 64-11 lead at the break. The Sugar Bears (4-8) shot 15.2 percent (5-of-33) in the opening 20 minutes.
Ashley Paris, Amanda Thompson, Nyeshia Stevenson, Abi Olajuwon and Rose Hammond all scored 12 points apiece for Oklahoma. Olajuwon had 12 rebounds, Hammond had five steals and Thompson had four steals for the Sooners, who committed only eight turnovers.
Carlee Roethlisberger, the younger sister of Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, had 10 points and eight rebounds for Oklahoma.
Meaghan Kelleybrew scored 12 points and Kia Lee scored 10 for Central Arkansas.
- CENTRAL ARKANSAS: 48
Dec 20 8:45 PM
- CENTRAL ARKANSAS: 11
Dec 20 7:49 PM
- Lady Vols vault over Oklahoma in regional semifinals Mar 31
- Sooners sail by UCLA in second round of NCAA Tournament Mar 25
- McFarland's double-double carries Sooners into second round Mar 23
- Baylor pounds Oklahoma for 25th straight win Feb 25
- Griner becomes all-time block leader as Baylor routs Oklahoma Jan 26
- Matt Daniel leaves Central Arkansas for Marshall May 29
- Red Stormin' in Norman, St. John's advances to first-ever Sweet 16 Mar 21
- Oklahoma takes care of Michigan Mar 18
- No. 2 Connecticut thumps Oklahoma Feb 13
- Griner leads No. 1 Baylor over Oklahoma Feb 7
- Baylor stays perfect in rout of Oklahoma Jan 26
- Oklahoma hands No. 10 Texas Tech 1st loss Jan 11