Michigan State overcomes slow start, beats EvansvilleNov 12, 2007 - 2:06 AM EAST LANSING, Michigan (Ticker) -- Allyssa DeHaan scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds Sunday to lead No. 18 Michigan State to a 73-53 triumph over Evansville.
Cetera Washington scored 15 points for the Spartans (2-0), who struggled to a 27-21 halftime lead.
Michigan State was outstanding after the break, however, shooting 67 percent (18-of-27) from the floor and making five 3-pointers after the break.
Courtney Felke scored 12 points to pace Evansville (1-1), which shot just 32 percent (21-of-65) from the field.
- EVANSVILLE: 53
MICHIGAN STATE: 73
Nov 11 3:44 PM
- EVANSVILLE: 21
MICHIGAN STATE: 27
Nov 11 2:44 PM
- Terps tackle Michigan State in second round Mar 25
- Spartans deny upset-minded Red Foxes Mar 23
- Spartans upend Penn State to advance to Big Ten final Mar 9
- Penn State overcomes slow start to down Michigan State Feb 10
- Lady Lions cruise past Spartans Jan 6
- Strong first half helps Lady Cardinals soar past Michigan State Mar 17
- Green Bay extends win streak, advances to Sweet 16 Mar 23
- Michigan State escapes, advances Mar 20
- Michigan State gets by Minnesota Feb 27
- Ohio State upends Michigan State Feb 24
- Iowa edges Michigan State in Top-20 matchup Jan 27
- Buckeyes halt Michigan State's winning streak Jan 16