Campbell's triple-double powers Purdue past ButlerNov 18, 2007 - 3:01 AM WEST LAFAYETTE, Indiana (Ticker) -- Junior forward Danielle Campbell recorded the second triple-double in school history to lead No. 23 Purdue to a 69-53 victory over intrastate rival Butler on Saturday night.
Campbell scored a career-high 12 points to go with 11 rebounds and a school-record 11 blocked shots for the Boilermakers (3-0).
FahKara Malone and Natasha Bogdanova each added 16 points for the Boilermakers (2-0).
Purdue kept the Bulldogs at bay all game long, holding Butler to 27 percent shooting (17-of-64) from the field.
Susan Lester finished with 14 points and six boards for the Bulldogs (2-1).
- BUTLER: 53
Nov 17 8:49 PM
- BUTLER: 20
Nov 17 8:10 PM
- Louisville downs Purdue, earns spot in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Boilermakers shoot past Lady flames into second round Mar 24
- Penn State downs Purdue to take top spot in Big Ten standings Feb 4
- Notre Dame pummels Purdue in top-25 battle Dec 29
- Lady Gamecocks top Purdue in second round bout Mar 19
- Purdue charges past Jackrabbits in first round action Mar 17
- Rayburn lifts Purdue over Penn State in Big Ten semis Mar 4
- Prahalis helps Ohio State outlast Purdue Feb 12
- Connecticut advances to Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Purdue advances with strong defense Mar 20
- Cleveland State wins Horizon League title Mar 14
- No. 7 Ohio State wins 6th straight Big Ten title Feb 11