Sanni scores career-high 29 to fuel West VirginiaDec 8, 2007 - 2:48 AM PITTSBURGH (Ticker) -- Senior center Olayinka Sanni scored a career-high 29 points to fuel No. 13 West Virginia to a 91-64 victory over Duquesne on Friday.
Sparkle Davis and Meg Bulger each scored 14 points as the Mountaineers (8-1) won their fifth consecutive game.
Chakhia Cole scored 13 points and LaQuita Owens 10 for West Virginia, which held a slim 42-38 lead at halftime.
The Mountaineers outscored the Dukes, 18-8, during the first six minutes of the second half to take a 60-46 lead. Duquesne (5-4) never threatened the rest of the way.
Kristi Little scored a team-high 18 points for the Dukes and Samantha Pollino scored 16.
- WEST VIRGINIA: 91
Dec 7 8:42 PM
- WEST VIRGINIA: 42
Dec 7 7:46 PM
- Duquesne names Burt head coach Apr 27
- Delle Donne sets milestone, Blue Hens advance Mar 24
- No. 1 Baylor dominates West Virginia Mar 2
- No. 1 Baylor cruises past WVU to lengthen streak Jan 19
- Duquesne extends contract of women's hoops coach May 14
- Top-seeded Cardinal run past West Virginia into Sweet 16 Mar 19
- Lady Mountaineers survive the Lady Longhorns' rally to advance Mar 17
- Notre Dame beats West Virginia, reaches Big East final Mar 5
- Hampton lifts WVU over No. 2 Notre Dame Feb 12
- UConn routs West Virginia Jan 4
- Griner vaults Baylor into Sweet 16 Mar 23
- West Virginia edges Houston in first round Mar 20