Lavender scores 14 as No. 20 Ohio State routs MichiganJan 4, 2008 - 2:31 AM COLUMBUS, Ohio (Ticker) -- Jantel Lavender scored 14 points to lead No. 20 Ohio State to a 66-42 victory over Michigan in a Big Ten Conference game on Thursday.
Lavender also had a team-high 12 rebounds for the Buckeyes (10-3, 1-1). Jessica Minnfield led all scorers with 18 points for the Wolverines (8-4, 1-1).
Tamarah Riley had 12 points and 11 rebounds for Ohio State, which led from start to finish. Ashlee Trebilcock scored 13 points, Marscilla Packer added 11 and Shavelle Little had six steals for the Buckeyes.
Ohio State rebounded from Sunday's loss at Michigan State by going on a 16-5 run to open the second half, pushing its lead to 29 points with 11 minutes remaining.
The loss snapped a four-game winning streak for the Wolverines, who shot 14-of-53 (26 percent) from the floor and made 2-of-13 3-point attempts.
- Ohio State names McGuff women's hoops coach Apr 16
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Michigan advances behind Sheffer's double-double Mar 24
- Foster out as women's hoops coach at Ohio State Mar 20
- No. 8 Lady Lions best Buckeyes in Big Ten quarters Mar 9
- Lucas leads Penn State past Michigan Feb 24
- No. 8 Penn State dominates Ohio State in second half Jan 27
- Lucas helps Penn State get past Michigan Jan 21
- Michigan hires Barnes Arico to lead women's program Apr 20
- Borseth returning to coach Green Bay women Apr 4
- Oklahoma takes care of Michigan Mar 18
- Gators gain win over OSU in NCAA Tournament Mar 18