Harmon, Newlin lead Stanford past Santa ClaraNov 30, 2006 - 6:48 AM PALO ALTO, California (Ticker) -- Jillian Harmon scored 16 points and Kristen Newlin added 12 with a season-high 16 rebounds to lead No. 15 Stanford to an 88-56 victory over Santa Clara.
In beating the Broncos for the fourth consecutive time, the Cardinal (3-3) snapped a two-game losing streak after falling below .500 for the first time in 225 games dating to the 1999-2000 season.
Brooke Smith, Candice Wiggins and Michelle Harrison scored 13 points apiece for Stanford, which had a 33-9 edge in points off turnovers and 54-39 rebounding advantage.
After winning four of its first six games for its best start in five years, Santa Clara shot just 33 percent (19-for-57) from the floor.
Chandice Cronk made 4-of-5 shots and scored 13 points and Ashley Graham added 10 for the Broncos (4-3).
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Georgia upsets top-seeded Stanford, advances to Elite Eight Mar 31
- Stanford breezes by Michigan in second round Mar 27
- Ogwumike helps Stanford survive Tulsa Mar 24
- No. 4 Stanford sneaks past UCLA for Pac-12 title Mar 10
- Ogwumike leads No. 4 Stanford over Colorado in Pac-12 semis Mar 10
- Stanford dominates Washington State in Pac-12 QFs Mar 9
- Ogwumike, Stanford down WSU for 14th straight victory Mar 2
- Cardinal cruise past slipping Huskies Mar 1
- Ogwumike sets Stanford single-game rebound record in rout of Oregon Feb 24
- No. 4 Stanford dominates Oregon State Feb 23
- Stanford stays hot by topping No. 15 UCLA Feb 17
- No. 4 Stanford crushes USC Feb 16