Fowles scores 26 as LSU pounds DetroitDec 2, 2006 - 11:43 PM BATON ROUGE, Louisiana (Ticker) -- Sylvia Fowles was too much for Detroit.
Fowles had 26 points and nine rebounds in only 24 minutes as 11th-ranked LSU recorded an 80-44 triumph over Detroit.
Quianna Chaney added 15 points for the Tigers (9-1), who held the Titans (1-5) to 29 percent shooting (16-of-55) while forcing 21 turnovers.
Fowles scored 17 points in the opening half, including LSU's first seven points, and helped spur a 21-5 run in the last 10 minutes of the half that provided a 36-13 halftime cushion. Fowles scored eight during the spurt.
Joyce Massey had 16 points and 11 rebounds for Detroit and Sandi Brown added 14 points and seven assists.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Second-half surge springs Cal past LSU Mar 31
- Webb leads LSU in upset over Penn State Mar 27
- Lady Tigers escape first-round scare Mar 24
- LSU knocks off No. 8 Kentucky Feb 24
- LSU knocks off No. 9 Georgia Feb 10
- No. 5 Kentucky holds off LSU Jan 27
- Detroit gives Rademacher three-year extension May 21
- Lady Lions log double-digit win versus LSU Mar 21
- LSU rallies to take down San Diego State in first round Mar 18
- Green Bay downs Detroit to capture Horizon League title Mar 11
- LSU tops Kentucky to reach SEC title game Mar 3
- Detroit shocks unbeaten Green Bay Feb 9