Smith powers DePaul past Missouri StateDec 4, 2006 - 12:01 AM SPRINGFIELD, Missouri (Ticker) -- Caprice Smith scored a career-high 23 points to lead 21st-ranked DePaul to a 78-57 victory over Missouri State.
A 6-1 junior center, Smith also grabbed nine rebounds and made 9-of-10 shots from the foul line in helping the Blue Demons (5-1) connect on 20-of-22 from the stripe.
Missouri State led early, 7-4, but was held scoreless for six minutes and DePaul went on a 25-8 run to open a 29-15 advantage with under four minutes left in the first half.
Allie Quigley hit one of her four 3-pointers to close the half and give the Blue Demons a 37-22 advantage. Quigley finished with 16 points.
Roxanne Stiles scored 16 points to lead four players in double figures for Missouri State (2-4), which shot 38 percent (22-of-58) from the field.
Tahnee Balerio scored 14 points, Taylor Silas added 12 and Tiff Terwelp had 10 and eight rebounds.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- A pair of double-doubles powers Cowgirls past DePaul Mar 24
- Stewart leads No. 3 UConn past DePaul in Big East quarters Mar 10
- Diggins' triple-double fuels Notre Dame in rout of DePaul Feb 24
- Smith guides Louisville over DePaul Feb 17
- UConn rips DePaul in snowy Storrs Feb 10
- Kentucky rolls over DePaul Dec 7
- Lady Vols take care of DePaul to advance to Sweet 16 Mar 20
- Strong second half leads DePaul over BYU Mar 17
- No. 3 Notre Dame downs DePaul, advances to semifinals Mar 4
- Notre Dame dominates DePaul Feb 5
- No. 3 UConn routs No. 21 DePaul Jan 21
- Blue Devils bound for Elite Eight Mar 27