Maryland sinks Siena for 16th straight winDec 5, 2006 - 2:33 AM COLLEGE PARK, Maryland (Ticker) -- Maryland took Siena's best shots and merely shrugged.
Marissa Coleman had 19 points and 12 assists to lead the top-ranked Terrapins to a 93-54 romp over the Saints.
Maryland (10-0) turned a fairly close game into a laugher in the second half, outscoring Siena, 48-20, to extend the nation's longest winning streak to 16 games.
The Saints (1-7) must have sensed they were in trouble after shooting 50 percent (15-of-30) from the floor in the first half - and trailing, 45-34.
That's because the Terrapins shot 67 percent (36-of-54) overall and a blistering 70 percent in the opening 20 minutes.
Kristi Toliver scored 14 points and Crystal Langhorne netted 12 of her 13 in the first half for the defending national champions. Ashleigh Newman and Christie Marrone came off the bench to score 11 and 10 points, respectively.
Shondaya Burrell scored 17 points and Melissa Manzer added 12 for Siena, which was outrebounded, 36-16.
- SIENA: 54
Dec 4 8:43 PM
- SIENA: 34
Dec 4 7:43 PM
- Maryland signs Frese to extension Nov 15
- No. 1 UConn dominates second half in win over Maryland Nov 15
- Stewart shines as UConn coasts past Maryland Mar 30
- Terps tackle Michigan State in second round Mar 25
- Fourth-seed Maryland rolls over 13th-seed Quinnipiac Mar 23
- No. 15 UNC storms back to down No. 10 Maryland in ACC semis Mar 9
- Thomas shines as Maryland advances past Wake Forest in OT Mar 8
- Hawkins, Maryland cruise past Wake Forest Mar 3
- Deluzio's second chance lifts No. 24 FSU past No.9 Maryland Feb 28
- Duke rolls over Maryland to clinch ACC regular-season title Feb 24
- Thomas, Maryland roll over Boston College Feb 21
- Thomas leads Maryland in a rout of Virginia Feb 17