Ivy power Penn to play two CAA teamsFeb 22, 2012 - 8:49 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Penn will play a difficult non-conference schedule to try to set up a run for the Ivy League football title this year.
Penn announced its 10-game schedule on Wednesday and will play five home games and five road games.
The Quakers, who won back-to-back league titles in 2009 and '10, but slumped to 5-5 this past season, will host two CAA Football powers, Villanova (Sept. 22) and William & Mary (Oct. 6) in non-conference action after kicking off the season Sept. 15 at Lafayette of the Patriot League.
Within the Ivy League, Penn will host Columbia (Oct. 13), Brown (Oct. 27) on Homecoming and defending champion Harvard (Nov. 10).
Coach Al Bagnoli's Quakers also will travel to Dartmouth (Sept. 29), Yale (Oct. 20), Princeton (Nov. 3) and Cornell (Nov. 17).
2012 Penn Football Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 15, at Lafayette, Easton, Pa.
Saturday, Sept. 22, Villanova, Franklin Field
Saturday, Sept. 29, at Dartmouth*, Hanover, N.H.
Saturday, Oct. 6, William & Mary, Franklin Field
Saturday, Oct. 13, Columbia*, Franklin Field
Saturday, Oct. 20, at Yale*, New Haven, Conn.
Saturday, Oct. 27, Brown* (Homecoming), Franklin Field
Saturday, Nov. 3, at Princeton*, Princeton, N.J.
Saturday, Nov. 10, Harvard*, Franklin Field
Saturday, Nov. 17, at Cornell*, Ithaca, N.Y.
* - Ivy League
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Penn's Bagnoli to retire after 2014 season Wed
- Penn seeks to rebound with 2014 schedule Feb 25
- Ivy League teams to kick off season Sep 19
- Ivy champ Penn sets 2013 schedule Feb 28
- In the FCS Huddle: Ugly win counts the same for Penn Oct 22
- Ragone leads Penn to 24-7 win over Brown Oct 30
- Pennsylvania hangs on to beat Yale 27-20 Oct 23
- Pennsylvania stays on ground, beats Columbia 27-13 Oct 16
- Colavita, defense lead Penn over Bucknell 31-10 Oct 9
- Penn prevails over Dartmouth 35-28 in OT Oct 2
- Nagging questions answered at Penn State Sep 26