Ivy power Penn to play two CAA teamsFeb 22, 2012 - 8:49 PM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Penn will play a difficult non-conference schedule to try to set up a run for the Ivy League football title this year.
Penn announced its 10-game schedule on Wednesday and will play five home games and five road games.
The Quakers, who won back-to-back league titles in 2009 and '10, but slumped to 5-5 this past season, will host two CAA Football powers, Villanova (Sept. 22) and William & Mary (Oct. 6) in non-conference action after kicking off the season Sept. 15 at Lafayette of the Patriot League.
Within the Ivy League, Penn will host Columbia (Oct. 13), Brown (Oct. 27) on Homecoming and defending champion Harvard (Nov. 10).
Coach Al Bagnoli's Quakers also will travel to Dartmouth (Sept. 29), Yale (Oct. 20), Princeton (Nov. 3) and Cornell (Nov. 17).
2012 Penn Football Schedule
Saturday, Sept. 15, at Lafayette, Easton, Pa.
Saturday, Sept. 22, Villanova, Franklin Field
Saturday, Sept. 29, at Dartmouth*, Hanover, N.H.
Saturday, Oct. 6, William & Mary, Franklin Field
Saturday, Oct. 13, Columbia*, Franklin Field
Saturday, Oct. 20, at Yale*, New Haven, Conn.
Saturday, Oct. 27, Brown* (Homecoming), Franklin Field
Saturday, Nov. 3, at Princeton*, Princeton, N.J.
Saturday, Nov. 10, Harvard*, Franklin Field
Saturday, Nov. 17, at Cornell*, Ithaca, N.Y.
* - Ivy League
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- FCS Coach of the Year finalists unveiled Mon
- Voting begins for STATS FCS Defensive Award Mon
- Ivy title could be 3-way tie for first time since 1982 Nov 19
- Sam Houston's Hall, quartet of LBs added to Defensive Watch List Nov 18
- Late-season heroics earn FCS national honors Nov 16
- Wild sprint to the finish line Nov 16
- Red-hot Penn can throw Ivy race into chaos Saturday against No. 12 Harvard Nov 13
- Harvard hosts Dartmouth in battle of remaining Ivy unbeatens Oct 29
- Beware spoilers lurking in the final month Oct 25
- Penn's Bagnoli to retire after 2014 season Apr 23
- Penn seeks to rebound with 2014 schedule Feb 25
- Ivy League teams to kick off season Sep 19