Madrid's Ramos out with hamstring injuryDec 19, 2011 - 4:38 PM Madrid, Spain (Sports Network) - Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos will be out of action until January after sustaining a hamstring injury in his team's 6-2 defeat of Sevilla on Saturday.
The 25-year-old played the full 90 minutes of the match but was visibly in pain during the closing minutes, and he will now miss the club's Copa del Rey match with Ponferradina on Tuesday.
Real's next game in league play comes after the winter break on January 8 against Granada, which could come too soon for Ramos to return.
Madrid sits on top of the league table through 16 games, three points clear of second-place Barcelona.
- Valencia may be sold to repay debts 2:03p
- No decision yet on Deulofeu future Tue
- Barca could leave Nou Camp Tue
- Sevilla boss quits with prison looming Mon
- Osasuna rallies for 3-3 draw at Malaga Sun
- Real Madrid held by lowly Xativa in Copa Sat
- Sevilla president sentenced to 7 years Dec 5
- Athletic hands new deal to Iraola Dec 4
- La Liga club Real Betis sack coach Dec 2
- Messi-less Barcelona beaten again Dec 1
- Barca beaten by Bilbao on Muniain's goal Dec 1
- Bale hits hat-trick in Madrid romp Nov 30