Reading signs defenders Mariappa, GunterJul 17, 2012 - 9:59 PM Reading, England (Sports Network) - Reading signed defenders Adrian Mariappa and Chris Gunter to three-year contracts Tuesday.
The 25-year-old Mariappa has played his entire career with Watford, making 247 appearances for the Championship side. Gunter leaves Nottingham Forest, where he played from 2009-12, to join Reading.
The duo joins strikers Pavel Pogrebnyak and Garath McCleary, midfielder Danny Guthrie, and defender Nicky Shorey as new signings for the newly-promoted EPL side.
- Mourinho backs Cole for contract extension 10:33a
- Hull earns point at Swansea Mon
- Flores hands Swansea point Mon
- Moyes admits life tough at Man United Mon
- Keane continues war of words with Ferguson Mon
- Arsenal sitting on top of EPL by 5 points Sun
- Deulofeu late show curbs Arsenal Sun
- Arsenal held by Everton Sun
- Fulham beats Aston Villa 2-0 Sun
- Stoke stuns Chelsea Sat
- United sink further, Chelsea fall to 3rd Sat
- Don't write off United warns City EPL boss Sat