Reading signs defenders Mariappa, GunterJul 17, 2012 - 9:59 PM Reading, England (Sports Network) - Reading signed defenders Adrian Mariappa and Chris Gunter to three-year contracts Tuesday.
The 25-year-old Mariappa has played his entire career with Watford, making 247 appearances for the Championship side. Gunter leaves Nottingham Forest, where he played from 2009-12, to join Reading.
The duo joins strikers Pavel Pogrebnyak and Garath McCleary, midfielder Danny Guthrie, and defender Nicky Shorey as new signings for the newly-promoted EPL side.
- Man City score comeback win over Chelsea 10:03p
- Ferdinand extends Man United contract 3:33p
- Ferdinand signs contract extension with United Thu
- Pulis out after seven seasons at Stoke Wed
- Carlton Cole to leave EPL club West Ham Wed
- Liverpool EPL club won't sell Luis Suarez Wed
- Pulis leaves Stoke after seven years Tue
- Man Utd earns $95m from broadcasters Tue
- Aussies a dying breed in EPL Mon
- Ferguson departs with EPL managers' award Mon
- ManU look forward after Ferguson exit Sun
- Arsenal seal Champions League berth Sun