Roma adds Brazilian defender CastanJul 18, 2012 - 7:29 PM Rome, Italy (Sports Network) - Roma has signed defender Leandro Castan from Corinthians for a fee of around $6 million.
Castan is expected to take the place of recently departed defender Juan, whose contract was canceled in favor of a move back to Brazil to play for Internacional.
The 25-year-old joined Corinthians in 2010 and went on to make 49 appearances for the club before signing a four-year contract on Wednesday to play in the Italian capital.
Castan also spent time with Swedish side Helsingborgs in addition to featuring for Atletico Mineiro and Barueri in Brazil.
- Mazzarri leaves Napoli post Mon
- AC Milan books Champions League place with Siena defeat Sun
- Juve ends Serie A season with loss at Sampdoria May 18
- Third place up for grabs on final day in Serie A May 17
- Sampdoria confirms Icardi departure May 15
- Ten-man Milan held to draw by Roma May 12
- Juve marks title celebration with a draw May 11
- Milan attempts to lock up Champions League place against Roma May 10
- Balotelli's brace boosts Milan May 8
- Chievo ends Roma's Champions League hopes May 7
- Pogba handed three-match ban May 7
- Juventus claims 2nd consecutive Serie A crown May 5