- Member Since:
- Mar '11
- WYG? Ranking:
- 225th place
- About Me:
- Die hard Spurs fan... Go Spurs Go!
My alma mater is the University of Connecticut
(U Conn Huskies)
- Current Town:
- Favorite Teams:
- San Antonio Spurs
New York Yankees
- Favorite Sports Quotes/Cliches:
- "If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
- Favorite Sports Movies:
The Big Lebowski
- Favorite Sports Moment:
- The "miracle on ice": February 22, 1980, the United States Olympic hockey team pulled off one of the greatest upsets in sports history, defeating the Soviet Union, 4-3.
- Favorite Athletes:
- Tim Duncan; Tony Parker; Manu Ginobili; David Robinson;
- Players You Love to Hate:
- Kobe Bryant; Jason Terry; Derek Fisher; Michael Beasley; Joakim Noah; Nick Young; Mark Cuban (not a player, but a sports figure, nonetheless)
- Best Game You've Attended:
- Game 2 of the 1999 NBA Western Conference Finals, May 31, 1999, when Sean Elliott hit a corner 3-point shot against the Portland Trail Blazers, giving the Spurs a 1-point lead with 9 seconds left to play in regulation. The pass was nearly stolen by Blazer Stacey Augmon, and Elliott caught the ball within an inch of the sideline (narrowly avoiding going out of bounds), and had to stay on his tiptoes rather than planting his feet. When Elliot released the ball, it just avoided the outstretched arms of 6'11" Rasheed Wallace. This play, aka "The Memorial Day Miracle", shifted the momentum of the series to the Spurs, who went on to win their first NBA championship.