Parker, Thompson help Sparks beat MercuryJun 11, 2011 - 4:38 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Candace Parker scored 22 points, Tina Thompson added 21 and the Los Angeles Sparks posted a 98-84 victory over the Phoenix Mercury.
Thompson grabbed nine rebounds, while Parker finished with eight.
Kristi Toliver supplied 17 points off the bench for Los Angeles, which made 49 percent of its shots.
Penny Taylor totaled 18 points to pace the Mercury, who got 12 points and 11 rebounds from Candice Dupree.
- McCoughtry, Taurasi named WNBA Players of the Week Mon
- Mercury squeak past Shock in OT Sun
- Ogwumike leads Sparks in rout of Silver Stars Sun
- Mercury scorch Sparks Sat
- Sparks down Shock in OT Jun 9
- Mercury down Fever for first win of season Jun 8
- Moore, Lynx crush Mercury Jun 6
- Storm hang on late to down Mercury Jun 2
- Silver Stars hold on to down Sparks Jun 1
- Delle Donne leads Sky past Griner's Mercury May 27
- Sparks stomp Storm May 26
- Harding joins Sparks Feb 5