Parker, Thompson help Sparks beat MercuryJun 11, 2011 - 4:38 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Candace Parker scored 22 points, Tina Thompson added 21 and the Los Angeles Sparks posted a 98-84 victory over the Phoenix Mercury.
Thompson grabbed nine rebounds, while Parker finished with eight.
Kristi Toliver supplied 17 points off the bench for Los Angeles, which made 49 percent of its shots.
Penny Taylor totaled 18 points to pace the Mercury, who got 12 points and 11 rebounds from Candice Dupree.
- Sparks sign Ross to multi-year extension Thu
- Mercury name Brondello head coach Nov 15
- Lynx sweep Mercury, return to WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Whalen, Lynx rout Mercury to take 1-0 lead in West finals Sep 27
- Griner's late bucket sends Mercury to West finals Sep 24
- Parker leads Sparks over Mercury Sep 22
- Taurasi helps Phoenix take Game 1 over LA Sep 20
- Sparks' Parker wins second WNBA MVP award Sep 19
- Sparks pummel Mercury in playoff preview Sep 15
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14
- Ogwumike helps Sparks edge Lynx Sep 13
- Sky beat Mercury on Delle Donne's buzzer-beater Sep 11