Sky take down Silver StarsMay 31, 2012 - 2:39 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowles dropped in a game-high 23 points on 10-of-13 shooting and pulled down 12 rebounds as the Chicago Sky knocked off the San Antonio Silver Stars, 77-63, on Wednesday.
Epiphanny Prince scored 22 points and grabbed six rebounds, while Swin Cash and Ruth Riley contributed 12 and 10 points, respectively for Chicago.
Becky Hammon shot 8-for-11 from the floor en route to a team-high 21 points for the Silver Stars, while Danielle Robinson added 13 points in the loss.
Chicago led 40-29 at halftime, but San Antonio outscored the Sky, 22-19 in the third to pull within 59-51 heading in the fourth.
But Chicago won the final quarter, 18-12, to close out the victory.
The Sky shot an efficient 48.3 percent from the floor and relied on dominating inside play and defense. They outscored San Antonio 40-26 in the paint and forced 16 Silver Stars turnovers, resulting in 21 points.
- CHICAGO: 77
SAN ANTONIO: 63
May 30 10:02 PM
- CHICAGO: 40
SAN ANTONIO: 30
May 30 8:58 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 30 8:17 PM
- Fever cruise past Sky, return to conference finals Sep 22
- Fever beat top-seeded Sky to open playoffs Sep 20
- Fowles, Moore repeat as WNBA Players of Month Sep 17
- Adams leads Silver Stars in rout of Dream Sep 15
- Lynx down Sky to secure home-court advantage in playoffs Sep 14
- Taurasi's double-double powers Mercury past Silver Stars Sep 14
- Sky rally late to down Dream Sep 13
- Sky beat Mercury on Delle Donne's buzzer-beater Sep 11
- Shock's Williams nets WNBA-record 51 points Sep 8
- Delle Donne powers Sky past Mystics Sep 8
- Mercury edge Silver Stars, clinch playoff berth Sep 7
- January guides Fever past Sky Sep 6