Sky take down Silver StarsMay 31, 2012 - 2:39 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Sylvia Fowles dropped in a game-high 23 points on 10-of-13 shooting and pulled down 12 rebounds as the Chicago Sky knocked off the San Antonio Silver Stars, 77-63, on Wednesday.
Epiphanny Prince scored 22 points and grabbed six rebounds, while Swin Cash and Ruth Riley contributed 12 and 10 points, respectively for Chicago.
Becky Hammon shot 8-for-11 from the floor en route to a team-high 21 points for the Silver Stars, while Danielle Robinson added 13 points in the loss.
Chicago led 40-29 at halftime, but San Antonio outscored the Sky, 22-19 in the third to pull within 59-51 heading in the fourth.
But Chicago won the final quarter, 18-12, to close out the victory.
The Sky shot an efficient 48.3 percent from the floor and relied on dominating inside play and defense. They outscored San Antonio 40-26 in the paint and forced 16 Silver Stars turnovers, resulting in 21 points.
- CHICAGO: 77
SAN ANTONIO: 63
May 30 10:02 PM
- CHICAGO: 40
SAN ANTONIO: 30
May 30 8:58 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
May 30 8:17 PM
- Catchings, Zellous fuel Fever past Silver Stars in WNBA opener Fri
- Silver Stars G Hammon breaks finger May 20
- Sky give Prince extension May 17
- Silver Stars sign Flores Mar 14
- Silver Stars sign F Delisha Milton-Jones Mar 7
- Silver Stars re-sign Perkins to multi-year deal Feb 11
- Silver Stars' Young tears ACL Feb 4
- Silver Stars extend Hughes Jan 14
- Sparks down Silver Stars to advance to Western Conference Finals Sep 29
- Toliver, Parker push Sparks past Silver Stars Sep 28
- Silver Stars reward Young with contract extension Sep 24
- Adams helps Silver Stars beat Lynx Sep 23