McCoughtry shines as Dream rout SparksJun 16, 2012 - 1:55 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Angel McCoughtry scored 31 points and the Atlanta Dream dominated the Los Angeles Sparks, 92-59, at Philips Arena on Friday.
McCoughtry made 4-of-5 three-point attempts and the Dream forced 18 turnovers, turning that into 28 points. Lindsey Harding added 18 points and Sancho Lyttle netted 13 points, seven rebounds and six assists, as Atlanta moved to 7-2 all- time against the Sparks.
Nneka Ogwumike had 13 points and 10 boards for Los Angeles, which had its five-game winning streak broken.
The Sparks, who never led, shot 28.6 percent, including 1-of-10 from beyond the arc.
Atlanta scored the first eight points, capped by Armintie Price's driving layup. The Dream held a 28-12 lead after one quarter and 47-28 cushion at the half. Their largest advantage was 39 in the fourth quarter.
- LOS ANGELES: 59
Jun 15 9:42 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 28
Jun 15 8:31 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 15 7:41 PM
- Sparks sign Ross to multi-year extension 7:03p
- Dream make Michael Cooper head coach Nov 21
- Williams won't return for Dream Oct 21
- Lynx win second WNBA title in three years Oct 11
- Augustus, Lynx take 2-0 lead over Dream Oct 8
- Lynx rout Dream in Game 1 of WNBA Finals Oct 7
- McCoughtry, Dream reach WNBA Finals Sep 29
- Dream gain early upper hand over Fever in East Finals Sep 26
- Griner's late bucket sends Mercury to West finals Sep 24
- Dream down Mystics in Game 3, advance to East finals Sep 23
- Parker leads Sparks over Mercury Sep 22
- McCoughtry, Dream top Mystics Sep 22