Sharp-shooting Fever rout SunJun 22, 2012 - 1:11 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Briann January made four three-pointers en route to a career-high 20 points, as the Indiana Fever routed the Connecticut Sun, 95-61, on Thursday.
Katie Douglas added 17 points and five rebounds for the Fever, who bounced back from an overtime loss to Connecticut on Tuesday. Erin Phillips donated 14 points.
Tamika Catchings had 13 points, 10 boards and eight assists for Indiana, which set a franchise record for three-point field goals made in a game (15). Shavonte Zellous also scored 13 points.
Mistie Mims ended with 11 points and five rebounds for the Sun, who fell to 3-1 away from home this year. They were trying for the best road start in franchise history.
Asjha Jones and Kara Lawson donated 10 points apiece for Connecticut, which had three-game winning streak snapped.
- CONNECTICUT: 61
Jun 21 8:51 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 30
Jun 21 7:53 PM
- CONNECTICUT: 0
1st Quarter - 10:00
Jun 21 7:09 PM
- Indiana's Phillips sidelined with torn meniscus Tue
- Indiana's Davenport sidelined with fractured tibia May 15
- Sun name Anne Donovan head coach Jan 3
- Thibault out as Sun coach Nov 20
- Catch the Fever: Indiana wins WNBA title Oct 22
- Indiana's Pohlen out with torn ACL Oct 20
- Fever on doorstep of 1st WNBA title Oct 19
- Indiana's Douglas to miss Game 3 of WNBA Finals Oct 19
- Augustus, Lynx even series with Game 2 victory Oct 17
- Catchings, Fever hold off Lynx to take Game 1 Oct 15
- Fever bury Sun to advance to Finals Oct 11
- Zellous lifts Fever over Sun in Game 2 Oct 8