Montero, Johnson help D'backs rout RockiesSep 22, 2012 - 6:27 AM
Johnson belted a two-run homer in the seventh, one inning after Eaton's blast.
Paul Goldschmidt and John McDonald each had two RBI for the Diamondbacks, who have won four of their last five games.
The Diamondbacks were relentless offensively on Friday, scoring in every inning except the second on Friday.
"Just contributions from everybody," D'backs manager Kirk Gibson said. "You learn in games here you can never relax."
Arizona starter Wade Miley (16-10) labored through six innings, giving up five runs on 10 hits.
Drew Pomeranz lasted only three innings in his start for Colorado, allowing four runs on four hits and five walks. Alex White (2-9) surrendered five runs on five hits and three walks in 1 1/3 innings to absorb the loss.
The Rockies have dropped seven in a row.
"Drew Pomeranz did not throw strikes. We went to the fourth inning tied at four. We got the first two guys out on six or seven pitches, and they ended up batting around and scoring four runs. That's going to take a lot of air out of your balloon, believe me," Colorado manager Jim Tracy said.
A two-out, two-run single by McDonald capped a four-run fourth inning that put Arizona up 8-4. The Rockies had erased a 4-2 deficit in the previous frame on a Chris Nelson RBI groundout and Andrew Brown sacrifice fly.
The Diamondbacks picked up a ninth run via an error in the fifth before Eaton and Johnson homered around an run-scoring single by Colorado's Jonathan Herrera in the sixth.
Aaron Hill stroked an RBI double in the eighth and pinch-hitter Jake Elmore punctuated the scoring with an RBI groundout in the ninth.
Goldschmidt doubled home Justin Upton in the first, but the Rockies grabbed the lead in their first at-bat. Josh Rutledge ripped an RBI double and scored on a single by Wilin Rosario.
Montero doubled home a pair in the third and scored on a Gerardo Parra sacrifice fly.
The Diamondbacks recorded 19 hits to the Rockies' 12 ... Arizona was 6-for-21 with runners in scoring position.
- ARIZONA: 15
Sep 21 11:48 PM
- Pinch-Hitter Jake Elmore grounded out short to first scoring Miguel Montero with two outs. Runner on second and Takashi Saito due up.
Diamondbacks 15, Rockies 5 Top 9, 2 OutsSep 21 11:35 PM
- Aaron Hill double to right scored Adam Eaton with one out. Runner on second and Justin Upton due up.
Diamondbacks 14, Rockies 5 Top 8, 1 OutSep 21 11:11 PM
- Chris Johnson one-out, two-run Home Run (15) to center scored Miguel Montero. Gerardo Parra due up.
Diamondbacks 13, Rockies 5 Top 7, 1 OutSep 21 10:49 PM
- Jonathan Herrera single to center scored Chris Nelson with one out. On the play, Matt McBride advances to second. Runners on first and second and Josh Outman due up.
Diamondbacks 11, Rockies 5 Bot 6, 1 OutSep 21 10:38 PM
- Adam Eaton two-out, two-run Home Run (2) to right scored John McDonald. Aaron Hill due up.
Diamondbacks 11, Rockies 4 Top 6, 2 OutsSep 21 10:28 PM
- Paul Goldschmidt reached first on Chris Nelson's error scoring Aaron Hill with one out. On the play, Justin Upton advances to third. Runners on first and third and Miguel Montero due up.
Diamondbacks 9, Rockies 4 Top 5, 1 OutSep 21 10:04 PM
- John McDonald single to left scored Miguel Montero and Chris Johnson with two outs. On the play, Gerardo Parra advances to second. Runners on first and second and Wade Miley due up.
Diamondbacks 8, Rockies 4 Top 4, 2 OutsSep 21 9:48 PM
- Chris Johnson double to left scored Paul Goldschmidt with two outs. On the play, Miguel Montero advances to third. Runners on second and third and Gerardo Parra due up.
Diamondbacks 6, Rockies 4 Top 4, 2 OutsSep 21 9:44 PM
- Miguel Montero single to right scored Justin Upton with two outs. On the play, Paul Goldschmidt advances to third. Runners on first and third and Chris Johnson due up.
Diamondbacks 5, Rockies 4 Top 4, 2 OutsSep 21 9:42 PM
- Matt McBride flied out to center to end the inning.
Diamondbacks 4, Rockies 4 End 3Sep 21 9:30 PM
- Chris Nelson grounded out second to first scoring Jordan Pacheco with one out. On the play, Wilin Rosario advances to third. Runner on third and Andrew Brown due up.
Diamondbacks 4, Rockies 3 Bot 3, 1 OutSep 21 9:27 PM
- Gerardo Parra sacrifice fly out to left scored Miguel Montero. None on with two outs and John McDonald due up.
Diamondbacks 4, Rockies 2 Top 3, 2 OutsSep 21 9:17 PM
- Wilin Rosario single to left scored Josh Rutledge with one out. Runner on first and Chris Nelson due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Rockies 2 Bot 1, 1 OutSep 21 8:29 PM
- Josh Rutledge double to left scored Dexter Fowler with none out. Runner on second and Jordan Pacheco due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Rockies 1 Bot 1, 0 OutsSep 21 8:29 PM
- Miguel Montero struck out swinging to end the inning.
Diamondbacks 1, Rockies 0 Mid 1Sep 21 8:21 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 21 8:11 PM
- Rockies will bring back manager Walt Weiss for another year Tue
- A capsule look at the Rangers-Blue Jays playoff series Tue
- After encouraging season, D-backs GM says 'we're close' Mon
- Another long offseason for underachieving Marlins Mon
- Weiss' return with Rockies in limbo after losing season Mon
- Diamondbacks fire pitching coach Mike Harkey Mon
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Mon
- Houston headed to playoffs despite 5-3 loss to Arizona Mon
- Cincinnati's Chapman throws 62 fastest pitches of season Mon
- Baseball Capsules Sun
- Dickerson, Morneau, Rockies rally for 7 in 9th, beat Giants Sun
- Giants encouraged by Cain's outing in loss to Rockies Sun