Dunn, Konerko power ChiSox past RangersJul 29, 2012 - 4:28 AM
Philip Humber (5-5) pitched six-plus innings and allowed four hits, including a homer to Mike Napoli in the fifth inning, and won for the third time in his last four starts.
Eduardo Escobar had a pair of doubles and an RBI for the AL Central leaders, who won for a fifth straight time.
After the game, though, the White Sox traded Escobar and left-handed pitcher Pedro Hernandez to the Minnesota Twins for pitcher Francisco Liriano.
"That's the ironic part of all of this. He gets an opportunity and plays well. Guys are happy the way he played, but it's just part of the game," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said of Escobar being traded.
The Rangers, who went 0-for-13 with runners in scoring position, played without slugger Josh Hamilton. Leonys Martin started in left field instead of Hamilton, who has struggled this month, hitting just .145 in 19 games.
Matt Harrison (12-6) yielded seven hits and five runs over seven frames to drop his second straight start for the AL West leaders.
Dunn had an infield hit in the fourth inning, and Konerko followed with a homer to left.
With men on first and second in the bottom half, Humber got Michael Young to ground into an inning-ending double play.
Jordan Danks singled with one out in the fifth and Escobar followed with a double to center field. He was thrown out trying to stretch the RBI hit into a triple. Harrison then walked Kevin Youkilis, and Dunn followed with a towering homer to center for a 5-0 lead.
Napoli led off the bottom half of the fifth with a homer to center, but Texas wasted an opportunity with a man on third later that inning and again in the seventh. With men at the corners in the seventh, Ian Kinsler sent a fly ball to left field, but Dayan Viciedo made a sliding catch.
"We can't keep leaving guys out there. We have to get guys in," Young said.
Napoli's sharp groundout up the middle plated David Murphy in the ninth.
Konerko tied Eddie Collins (1,065) for fourth place in franchise history in runs scored...Chicago has won five in a row against Texas...Dunn has 3956 career homers.
- CHICAGO: 5
Jul 28 10:51 PM
- Brandon Snyder is pinch-hitting for Leonys Martin.
White Sox 5, Rangers 2 Bot 9, 2 OutsJul 28 10:49 PM
- Mike Napoli lead-off Home Run (16) to center. Leonys Martin due up.
White Sox 5, Rangers 1 Bot 5, 0 OutsJul 28 9:26 PM
- Eduardo Escobar double to center scored Jordan Danks with one out. On the play, Eduardo Escobar was thrown out at third, center to short to catcher. None on with two outs and Kevin Youkilis due up.
White Sox 3, Rangers 0 Top 5, 2 OutsJul 28 9:18 PM
- Tyler Flowers grounded out short to first to end the inning.
White Sox 2, Rangers 0 Mid 4Jul 28 9:01 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jul 28 8:12 PM
- Rangers try to stretch AL West lead in opener with A's 11:17a
- Lester carries unblemished record into the Windy City 10:32a
- Murphy, Rangers outslug Tigers 2:06a
- Vargas pitches Angels past White Sox 7:35p
- Rangers place Kinsler on DL Sun
- Angels shoot for split in set with White Sox Sun
- Fister hopes for better results versus Rangers Sun
- Andrus stars as Rangers down Tigers Sat
- Angels outslug White Sox to end skid Sat
- Grimm hopes to turn things around versus Tigers Sat
- White Sox aim to stay hot in Anaheim Sat
- Sale, White Sox shut out Angels Sat