Reyes, Stanton lead Marlins past RockiesAug 18, 2012 - 5:33 AM
Stanton's homer gave him five straight games at Coors Field with one, matching Jeff Kent's mark for a visiting player.
Wade LeBlanc (2-2), who compiled a 1.76 earned run average in three starts for the Marlins, did not have much success despite picking up the win. He was charged for five runs on nine hits and a pair of walks in five innings.
"Any time you can get out of this place with a win, it's a good night," said LeBlanc. "This is a tough job to pitch here."
Eric Young Jr. picked up a pair of hits and scored a run for the Rockies, who saw their four-game win streak come to an end.
Jeff Francis' rocky second run in Colorado continued. He gave up four runs on five hits in five innings, but was let off the hook with a no decision. In his last five starts, he has an 8.59 ERA.
After the Rockies rallied for three runs in the fifth, the Marlins struck back for two in the sixth against Josh Roenicke (4-1) to go ahead for good. Stanton greeted him with a 473-foot blast to center field to tie the game at five.
Donovan Solano followed the homer with a triple and scored on John Buck's double to put the Marlins ahead, 6-5.
The Rockies stranded runners in scoring position in the seventh and eighth innings before Steve Cishek tossed a perfect ninth to pick up his eighth save.
The Marlins scored first when Carlos Lee doubled home Gorkys Hernandez in the first inning.
The Rockies struck back with a pair of runs in the fourth inning to jump in front. Josh Rutledge and Dexter Fowler delivered back-to-back singles to start the frame. Carlos Gonzalez's fly out advanced the runners to second and third before Wilin Rosario and Jordan Pacheco singled to give Colorado the lead.
After Buck singled and Hernandez walked, Reyes lifted a curveball to the first row in right field to regain the lead for Miami, 4-2, in the fifth.
"I was playing not too deep so I kind of ran hard to the wall," said Gonzalez of Reyes' home run. "I just barely missed it."
The Rockies wasted no time coming back. Jonathan Herrera walked and Young singled to put runners on the corners with no outs. Rutledge's infield single scored Herrera before Fowler's bunt put runners on second and third. Gonzalez grounded out to plate Young, and Rosario singled home Rutledge to go ahead, 5-4, after five.
Kent hit home runs in five straight games at Coors Field in 2003 ... DJ LeMahieu, who went 2-for-4, has multi-hit games in six of his last eight starts ... Young tied Derek Jeter for most hits since July 31 with 29 ... LeBlanc's last win as a starter came on September 28, 2011 as a Padre ... LeBlanc improved to 2-2 with a 6.82 ERA at Coors Field ... The Marlins went 3- for-9 with runners in scoring position and the Rockies went 4-for-13 with RISP.
- MIAMI: 6
Aug 17 11:40 PM
- John Buck doubled to right center scored Donovan Solano. Runner on second with one out and Wade LeBlanc due up.
Marlins 6, Rockies 5 Top 6, 1 OutAug 17 10:29 PM
- Donovan Solano tripled to center. Runner on third with none out and Gil Velazquez due up.
Marlins 5, Rockies 5 Top 6, 0 OutsAug 17 10:23 PM
- Jordan Pacheco flied out to left to end the inning.
Marlins 4, Rockies 5 End 5Aug 17 10:16 PM
- Carlos Gonzalez grounded out third to first scored Eric Young Jr.. On the play, Josh Rutledge advances to third. Runner on third with two outs and Wilin Rosario due up.
Marlins 4, Rockies 4 Bot 5, 2 OutsAug 17 10:13 PM
- Josh Rutledge singled to short scored Jonathan Herrera. Runners on first and second with none out and Dexter Fowler due up.
Marlins 4, Rockies 3 Bot 5, 0 OutsAug 17 10:08 PM
- Jose Reyes two-out, three-run Home Run (9) to left scored John Buck and Gorkys Hernandez. Carlos Lee due up.
Marlins 4, Rockies 2 Top 5, 2 OutsAug 17 9:57 PM
- Jordan Pacheco singled to center scored Dexter Fowler. On the play, Wilin Rosario advances to second. Runners on first and second with one out and Chris Nelson due up.
Marlins 1, Rockies 2 Bot 4, 1 OutAug 17 9:41 PM
- Wilin Rosario singled to left scored Josh Rutledge. On the play, Dexter Fowler advances to third. Runners on first and third with one out and Jordan Pacheco due up.
Marlins 1, Rockies 1 Bot 4, 1 OutAug 17 9:40 PM
- Carlos Lee doubled to left scored Gorkys Hernandez. Runner on second with two outs and Giancarlo Stanton due up.
Marlins 1, Rockies 0 Top 1, 2 OutsAug 17 8:46 PM
- MIAMI: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 17 8:40 PM
- Keppinger, White Sox beat Marlins in extras 3:10a
- Cuddyer productive in return, leads Rox over Giants 2:52a
- Rockies activate Cuddyer 7:01p
- Rockies, Giants try to separate themselves atop the NL West 10:28a
- Danks set to make season debut versus Marlins 10:23a
- Rockies send Rutledge to Triple-A Wed
- Lee's SO lifts Phillies in Miami Wed
- Rockies close out homestand by whacking D-Backs again Wed
- Phillies shoot for series victory over Marlins Wed
- Series up for grabs when D'Backs, Rox play rubber match at Coors Wed
- Howard returns, helps Phils down Marlins Wed
- Rox slip by D-Backs in 10 Wed