Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Nothin' but Net: No one wins thanks to Taylor Wed
- Love 'committed' to Cavs Tue
- Done! Love headed to Cavs, Wiggins and Young to Wolves Aug 23
- Cavs sign Powell Aug 23
- Pistons add Gray, Martin Aug 18
- Marion will join Cavs Aug 17
- Report: 76ers to be part of Love-Wiggins deal Aug 8
- Report: Love headed to Cleveland for Wiggins Aug 7
- Cavs officially bring in Miller, Jones Aug 5
- LeBron James going back to No. 23 Jul 27
- Cavs sign No. 1 pick Wiggins Jul 24
- Cavs nab Lucas in four-player swap with Jazz Jul 22