Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Cavs down Nuggets behind Thompson's monster effort 9:53p
- Confident Pistons head to Milwaukee 10:21a
- Nuggets aim for 8th straight win, visit Cleveland 10:17a
- Pistons snap Miami's 10-game winning streak Wed
- Heat hope for 11 in a row with Detroit in town Tue
- Hot start gets Pistons past Sixers Sun
- Sixers seek success against Pistons at The Palace Sun
- Bynum, Cavaliers beat Bulls Sun
- Bulls, Cavs tangle at Quicken Loans Arena Sat
- Lakers rally to beat Pistons Sat
- Crawford notches triple-double as Celtics crush Cavs Sat
- Cavs, Celtics collide in Beantown Nov 29