Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Love leads the way as T-Wolves trounce Pistons 10:38p
- Jefferson, Bobcats down Cavs 9:47p
- T'Wolves aim to rebound versus Pistons 10:10a
- Jefferson leads Bobcats against Cavs 10:08a
- Augustin, Noah boost Bulls past Pistons Wed
- Bulls visit Central-rival Pistons Wed
- Green, Spurs handle Cavs in Cleveland Wed
- Cavs keep Onuaku with second 10-day deal Tue
- Spurs head to the Q to face the Cavs Tue
- Pistons take down slumping Knicks Tue
- Struggling Knicks head to The Palace Mon
- Randolph guides Grizzlies over Cavs Mar 2