Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Davis returns to lead Pelicans past Pistons 1:49a
- James leads Cavaliers past Raptors 1:13a
- James, Westbrook named Players of the Month 8:03p
- Pelicans look to bounce back vs. Pistons Wed
- LeBron leads Cavs into Toronto Wed
- LeBron aims for redemption when Cavs host Celtics Tue
- Rockets clip Cavs in OT Sun
- LeBron leads Cavs into Houston Sun
- Wizards hold off Pistons Sun
- Desperate Wizards welcome Pistons to Washington Sat
- Knicks snap skid, outlast Pistons in 2-OT Feb 28
- Hill records triple-double to lead Pacers past Cavs Feb 27