Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Cavs win lottery for 2nd time in 3 years Tue
- Phil Jackson to help Pistons find next coach May 3
- Cavs bring back Mike Brown Apr 24
- Report: Cavs to hire Mike Brown Apr 23
- Pistons fire Frank Apr 19
- Cavs dismiss Scott Apr 19
- Pistons fire Frank Apr 18
- Cavs dismiss Scott Apr 18
- Nets best Pistons in final playoff tune-up Apr 18
- Bobcats top Cavs to cap woeful season Apr 18
- Nets ready themselves for playoffs with Pistons in town Apr 17
- Lottery-bound Cavs, Bobcats meet in Charlotte Apr 17