Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- AP Source: J.R. Smith agrees to new contract with Cavs Aug 20
- Timberwolves announce signing of Tayshaun Prince Aug 20
- LeBron visits Manila to mentor Filipino street ball talents Aug 20
- Australia qualifies for Olympics, beats New Zealand 89-79 Aug 18
- Olympic qualifying: Australia 71, New Zealand 59 Aug 15
- AP Source: Timberwolves agree on deal with Tayshaun Prince Aug 13
- LeBron: Health, family will determine 2016 Olympic plans Aug 12
- NBA schedule has Christmas finals rematch, more player rest Aug 12
- Some things to note from the 2015-16 NBA schedule Aug 12
- Cavaliers sign F Richard Jefferson for next season Aug 5
- Russia suspended from basketball by FIBA for infighting Jul 29
- Cavaliers sign guard Matthew Dellavedova to 1-year contract Jul 27