Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- LeBron donates uniforms to Toronto-area school teams 3:17p
- NBA Capsules Thu
- Kobe, LeBron share court as Cavaliers beat Lakers 120-111 Thu
- NBA Capsules Wed
- Nuggets hold off short-handed Pistons 103-92 Wed
- Kobe reflects on LeBron before final matchup in Cleveland Wed
- Cavs' Kevin Love re-injures left shoulder against Lakers Wed
- Pistons retire Billups' jersey at halftime against Denver Wed
- Pistons without 3 starters against Denver Wed
- Impact Hack-a-Someone tactic having on NBA is growing issue Wed
- Wall has to work for recognition among top NBA point guards Wed
- Lakers-Cavaliers Preview Tue