Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Cavs return home with 2-0 lead over Hawks 10:32a
- James leads Irving-less Cavs past Hawks Sat
- Cavs' Irving out for Game 2 Fri
- Cavs' Irving questionable for Game 2 Fri
- Cavs go for 2-0 lead over Hawks Fri
- Smith, James lead Cavs over Hawks in Game 1 Thu
- Cavs, Hawks start Eastern Finals in Atlanta Wed
- NBA Playoff Preview - Atlanta vs. Cleveland May 19
- Irving exits, Cavs rout Bulls to reach conference finals May 15
- Cavs try to eliminate Bulls in Chicago May 14
- Cavs' Perkins involved in altercation with his wife May 13
- James, Irving lead Cavs over Bulls in Game 5 May 12