Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Love ruled out for Eastern Conference semifinals 8:12p
- NBA suspends Olynyk, Smith over Game 4 acts 8:08p
- Love diagnosed with dislocated left shoulder Sun
- James, Cavs sweep Boston in physical Game 4 Sun
- Cavs go for sweep in Boston Sun
- Stretching the Field: Lots of Love in maiden postseason Fri
- James, Cavs take 3-0 lead on Celtics Thu
- Cavs, Celtics head to Boston for Game 3 Thu
- Cavs grab 2-0 series lead over Celtics Apr 22
- James, Irving lead Cavs into Game 2 against Boston Apr 21
- Irving leads Cavs to Game 1 win over Celtics Apr 19
- LeBron leads Cavs against Celtics Apr 19