Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Cavs exercise option on Waiters' contract 3:39p
- Pistons exercise contract options on Drummond, Caldwell-Pope Fri
- Pistons acquire Anthony from Boston for Bynum Oct 17
- 2014-15 Cleveland Cavaliers Preview Oct 15
- 2014-15 Detroit Pistons Preview Oct 15
- Pistons' Meeks sidelined with back injury Oct 14
- Caldwell-Pope avoids major knee injury Oct 13
- Nothin' but Net: Coaching hot seat already burning Sep 30
- 76ers acquire G Bogans from Cavaliers Sep 27
- Celtics send Bogans to Cavaliers Sep 26
- Nothin' but Net: Irving under a microscope Sep 19
- Report: Billups calls it a career Sep 10