Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Russia suspended from basketball by FIBA for infighting 8:52p
- Cavs trade Haywood, Miller to Blazers Mon
- Cavaliers sign guard Matthew Dellavedova to 1-year contract Mon
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran James Jones Sat
- Cavs send Christmas to Pacers for future draft pick Jul 23
- Pistons sign first-round pick Stanley Johnson Jul 22
- LeBron James' company scores Warner Bros. TV, movie deal Jul 22
- AP sources: Pelicans adding Perkins on 1-year deal Jul 21
- AP Source: Cavs, Richard Jefferson agree to 1-year deal Jul 21
- Pistons welcome Reggie Jackson back with new contract Jul 20
- LeBron joins Cavaliers at summer league finale Jul 17
- For most, summer league is a basketball job fair Jul 17