Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- James leads Cavs in rout of Wizards Thu
- Crawford, Paul boost Clippers over Pistons Thu
- Clippers resume lengthy sojourn against Pistons Wed
- Cavs shoot for revenge vs. Wizards Wed
- Knight helps Bucks beat Pistons Wed
- Bucks try to get back on track vs. Pistons Tue
- James, Cavs beat Magic to snap 4-game skid Tue
- 'Fragile' Cavs hope to get on track vs. Orlando Mon
- Williams fuels Raptors in comeback win over Cavs Sun
- LeBron leads Cavs into tough battle with Toronto Nov 22
- Surging Wizards deal Cavs another loss Nov 22
- Hawks hold off Pistons Nov 21