Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Bledsoe lifts Suns past Pistons Wed
- Duncan, Spurs edge Cavs Wed
- LeBron faces familiar foe when Spurs take on Cavs Wed
- Suns continue jaunt against Pistons Wed
- Harris leads Magic past Pistons Tue
- Lawson, Nuggets end Cavs' streak Mon
- James, Lillard tabbed NBA Players of the Week Mon
- Magic pay a visit to Pistons at The Palace Mon
- Cavs aim to stay on track versus Nuggets Mon
- Grizzlies continue to roll with win over Pistons Sun
- Cavs make record 19 3-pointers in rout of Hawks Nov 15
- Cavs, Hawks clash at the Q Nov 15