Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Raptors erase early deficit to beat Pistons Sat
- Cavs rebound from 29-point loss to beat Nets Sat
- Raptors carry winning attitude into Detroit Fri
- Cavs hope to put 'embarrassing' loss behind them against Brooklyn Fri
- Mavericks hold off Pistons Thu
- Hawks use dominant 3rd quarter to rout Cavs Thu
- Cavs play host to Hawks Wed
- Mavericks pay a visit to Pistons Wed
- Clippers have easy time with Pistons Tue
- James, Love lift Cavs past Hornets Tue
- Clippers host revived Pistons at Staples Center Dec 15
- Cavs hope to get back on track with Charlotte in town Dec 15