Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Thunder eke by Pistons to earn West's second seed Thu
- Cavs beat up on shorthanded Nets Thu
- Nets make another attempt at 5th seed, visit Cavs Wed
- Thunder try again for West's No. 2 seed Wed
- Cavaliers' Deng wins Citizenship Award Tue
- Dumars resigns as Pistons president Mon
- Raptors down Pistons, tie club wins record Apr 14
- Report: Dumars out as Pistons' president Apr 13
- Atlantic Division champion Raptors visit Detroit Apr 13
- Celtics end road skid with win in Cleveland Apr 13
- Cavs, Celtics clash at the Q Apr 12
- Knight, Bucks down Cavs Apr 12