Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- Nets upend Cavs Sat
- Pistons top Magic with Jackson's triple-double Fri
- Cavaliers bump heads with Nets in Brooklyn Fri
- Pistons take win streak to Orlando Fri
- Cavs lead by 29 in easy win over Grizzlies Thu
- LeBron directs Cavs to Memphis Wed
- Pistons edge Raptors Wed
- Raptors pay a visit to Pistons Tue
- LeBron, Cavs take down fading Bucks Mar 23
- Pistons top Celtics in overtime Mar 22
- Celtics shift focus to visiting Pistons Mar 22
- Cavs begin road trip against Bucks Mar 22