Daye lifts Pistons over CavaliersDec 21, 2011 - 3:19 AM Cleveland, OH (Sports Network) - Austin Daye hit a pair of free throws with three seconds remaining, lifting the Detroit Pistons to a thrilling 90-89 preseason-finale victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Daye finished with a game-high 19 points, while Rodney Stuckey added 15 for the Pistons, who open the regular season Monday at Indiana.
Greg Monroe and Will Bynum both had 12 points in the win, while Jonas Jerebko chipped in 11.
Omri Casspi paced Cleveland with 18 points, Antawn Jamison had 13 and Anthony Parker finished with 12.
No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving scored 11 points on 5-of-12 shooting, while No. 4 overall pick Tristan Thompson had eight points and five rebounds for the Cavaliers.
They open the regular season Monday against the Raptors.
- DETROIT: 90
Dec 20 9:43 PM
- DETROIT: 62
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:01 PM
- DETROIT: 46
Dec 20 8:18 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Dec 20 7:43 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 7:13 PM
- LeBron, Cavs hold off Hawks 104-93 in Game 1 1:59a
- NBA Playoff Capsules 12:45a
- LeBron has more help as Cavs meet Hawks again in playoffs Mon
- Hawks-Cavaliers Preview Sun
- Capsule preview of the Cavaliers-Hawks second-round series Sun
- Hawks get another playoff shot at King James and Cavaliers Sat
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Fri
- LeBron, Cavaliers refocus with Hawks waiting in playoffs Fri
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Fri
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Thu
- Cavs coach Lue believes David Blatt deserves another chance Thu
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27