Durant, Westbrook star as Thunder throttle KingsApr 14, 2012 - 6:53 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant had 29 points and nine rebounds, while Russell Westbrook added 22 points, six rebounds and five assists as the Oklahoma City Thunder routed the Sacramento Kings, 115-89, on Friday.
Derek Fisher netted 14 points off the bench for Oklahoma City, which has won three of its last four contests on the heels of a three-game losing streak.
The Thunder moved a game ahead of idle San Antonio for the top seed in the Western Conference.
"That team is a very good offensive rebounding team," Durant said of the Kings. "I think our bigs did a good job on them...We got a good win. We needed this one."
Isaiah Thomas scored 21 points to pace the Kings, who have dropped seven consecutive games.
The Thunder took a 23-21 lead after a quarter of play, but dominated the second frame to take control of the contest. They shot 15-of-20 in the quarter, led by Durant's nine points.
"You've got to match their physicality. You've got to match it, and if you don't match it, you're going to be pushed all over the floor," Kings head coach Keith Smart said. "And we didn't do that, so the tone was set early in the game.
After Travis Outlaw's trey pulled the Kings within 36-33 midway through the stanza, the Thunder closed the half on a 22-6 run.
Durant netted seven points, while Westbrook added six during the surge as Oklahoma City took a commanding 58-39 advantage into the locker room
The Thunder were up 86-63 after three and led by as many as 32 in the final quarter.
Durant committed seven of Oklahoma City's 14 turnovers...Sacramento is 0-6 all-time against the Thunder in Oklahoma City...The Thunder outrebounded the Kings, 58-41.
- SACRAMENTO: 89
OKLAHOMA CITY: 115
Apr 13 10:19 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 63
OKLAHOMA CITY: 86
End of 3rd
Apr 13 9:49 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 39
OKLAHOMA CITY: 58
Apr 13 9:07 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 21
OKLAHOMA CITY: 23
End of 1st
Apr 13 8:38 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 13 8:12 PM
- Thunder stay perfect at home with win over Pacers 12:25a
- Report: Kings land Gay in seven-player swap 8:09p
- Pacers face another tough test in OKC 9:42a
- Cousins, Thomas, help Kings down Jazz in OT Sun
- Worst of the West! Jazz host Kings Sat
- Durant, Westbrook carry Thunder past Pelicans Sat
- Lakers slip past Kings Sat
- No Kobe as Lakers visit Sacramento Fri
- Thunder rumble into New Orleans Fri
- Aldridge helps Blazers best Thunder Thu
- Northwest powers collide when OKC visits Portland Wed
- Thunder hold off Kings Wed