Robinson propels No. 13 Kansas over Long Beach StateDec 7, 2011 - 5:08 AM Kansas hold off road-tested Long Beach State, 88-80, at Allen Fieldhouse.
Conner Teahan chipped in 14 points for the Jayhawks (6-2), who shot 54 percent from the field and won the battle on the glass, 41-24.
The 49ers (4-4), whose losses have come on the road thus far, had four double- digit scorers, led by T.J. Robinson's 19 points.
Seventeen of T.J. Robinson's points came in the first half, keeping the visitors within 51-39 at the break.
LBSU's Larry Anderson scored the first five points of the second half to make it a seven-point game, but as was the case for most of the night, Kansas answered with the next six points.
The 49ers pulled within two possession on several occasions, the first coming near the midway point when Anderson drained a three-pointer to cut the deficit to 60-56.
Another 6-0 run by the hosts created breathing room, though LBSU did not go quietly, as James Ennis hit a three-pointer with 44 seconds left to get as close as 84-80 in the final minute.
Tyshawn Taylor made two free throws with 33 seconds showing, and Anderson missed from long range at the other end to end any chance of a comeback.
Kansas scored 12 straight points early on -- six coming on a pair of Teahan three-pointers -- to jump out to a 16-4 lead less than four minutes in.
The Jayhawks shot 59 percent from the field in the opening 20 minutes.
LBSU, which has also lost to San Diego State, Montana and Louisville, will visit fourth-ranked North Carolina on Saturday...The Jayhawks also have a game against a top-five opponent on Saturday as they host No. 2 Ohio State...Anderson had 14 points and seven assists, while Ennis and Casper Ware logged 16 points apiece in defeat...The 49ers made 13 more free throws (37-24)...Robinson recorded his seventh double-double of the young season.
- LONG BEACH STATE: 80
Dec 6 11:16 PM
- LONG BEACH STATE: 39
Dec 6 9:53 PM
- LONG BEACH STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 6 9:07 PM
- Tarik Black going from Memphis to Kansas Mon
- Highly-touted recruit Wiggins settles on Kansas May 14
- KU's McLemore declares for NBA Draft Apr 9
- Wolverines punch ticket to Elite Eight with OT win over Kansas Mar 30
- Sweet 16 matchup pits Jayhawks against Wolverines Mar 28
- Strong 2nd half pushes Kansas past UNC Mar 24
- Tar Heels, Jayhawks meet in clash of college hoops royalty Mar 23
- Withey, Kansas slip past Western Kentucky in NCAA second round Mar 23
- Second-round action on tap as top-seeded Jayhawks meet Hilltoppers Mar 21
- Kansas wins 9th Big 12 Tournament title in rout of K-State Mar 16
- Big 12 title game pits Wildcats against Jayhawks Mar 16
- Ellis leads Kansas past Iowa State in Big 12 semis Mar 16