Robinson propels No. 13 Kansas over Long Beach StateDec 7, 2011 - 5:08 AM Kansas hold off road-tested Long Beach State, 88-80, at Allen Fieldhouse.
Conner Teahan chipped in 14 points for the Jayhawks (6-2), who shot 54 percent from the field and won the battle on the glass, 41-24.
The 49ers (4-4), whose losses have come on the road thus far, had four double- digit scorers, led by T.J. Robinson's 19 points.
Seventeen of T.J. Robinson's points came in the first half, keeping the visitors within 51-39 at the break.
LBSU's Larry Anderson scored the first five points of the second half to make it a seven-point game, but as was the case for most of the night, Kansas answered with the next six points.
The 49ers pulled within two possession on several occasions, the first coming near the midway point when Anderson drained a three-pointer to cut the deficit to 60-56.
Another 6-0 run by the hosts created breathing room, though LBSU did not go quietly, as James Ennis hit a three-pointer with 44 seconds left to get as close as 84-80 in the final minute.
Tyshawn Taylor made two free throws with 33 seconds showing, and Anderson missed from long range at the other end to end any chance of a comeback.
Kansas scored 12 straight points early on -- six coming on a pair of Teahan three-pointers -- to jump out to a 16-4 lead less than four minutes in.
The Jayhawks shot 59 percent from the field in the opening 20 minutes.
LBSU, which has also lost to San Diego State, Montana and Louisville, will visit fourth-ranked North Carolina on Saturday...The Jayhawks also have a game against a top-five opponent on Saturday as they host No. 2 Ohio State...Anderson had 14 points and seven assists, while Ennis and Casper Ware logged 16 points apiece in defeat...The 49ers made 13 more free throws (37-24)...Robinson recorded his seventh double-double of the young season.
- LONG BEACH STATE: 80
Dec 6 11:16 PM
- LONG BEACH STATE: 39
Dec 6 9:53 PM
- LONG BEACH STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Dec 6 9:07 PM
- Florida uses early surge to take down Kansas 10:51p
- Battle of ranked foes pits Jayhawks against Gators 10:35a
- Booker's buzzer-beater sends Colorado over Kansas Sat
- Kansas meets familiar foe in clash with Colorado Sat
- Ellis, Kansas hold off UTEP Nov 30
- Jayhawks seek redemption in clash with Miners Nov 30
- Villanova shocks No. 2 Kansas Nov 30
- No. 2 Kansas takes on Villanova in semifinal action Nov 29
- No. 2 Kansas fends off Wake Forest Nov 29
- Battle 4 Atlantis action pits Jayhawks against Demon Deacons Nov 28
- Wiggins leads Kansas past Towson Nov 22
- VCU rebounds with win over Long Beach State Nov 22