Oklahoma State looks to bounce back against TexasJan 16, 2007 - 3:58 PM No. 23 Texas (13-3) at No. 14 Oklahoma St (15-2) 9:00 pm EST
STILLWATER, Oklahoma (Ticker) - Oklahoma State has had to endure the bad taste of a blowout loss a little longer than it thought.
The 14th-ranked Cowboys looks to rebound from a 30-point loss when they host No. 23 Texas in a Big 12 Conference matchup on Tuesday.
Oklahoma State (15-2, 1-1 Big 12) opened conference play with a win over Baylor on January 6 but suffered an 87-57 beating at No. 6 Kansas four days later. The Cowboys were scheduled to play at Nebraska on Saturday, but the game was postponed when sleet and adverse weather conditions kept them from traveling to Lincoln.
For the Cowboys to get back on track, they will need big games from the inside-outside combination of Mario Boggan and JamesOn Curry.
A 6-7 forward, Boggan is averaging 21.1 points and 7.4 rebounds. He struggled against the Jayhawks, shooting 4-of-16 and finishing with just eight points.
Curry is scoring 18.5 points to go along with 4.6 assists. He also is looking to bounce back from a sub-par performance against Kansas after shooting 3-of-8 and scoring 12 points.
Texas (13-3, 3-0) features one of the country's top freshmen in Kevin Durant and will be shooting for its fourth win in its last five meetings with Oklahoma State.
Durant is averaging 23.7 points and coming off a 28-point, 13-rebound outing in Saturday's 80-69 victory over Oklahoma.
- TEXAS: 103
OKLAHOMA STATE: 105
Final - 3OT
Jan 16 11:55 PM
- TEXAS: 93
OKLAHOMA STATE: 93
End of 2OT
Jan 16 11:39 PM
- TEXAS: 83
OKLAHOMA STATE: 83
End of OT
Jan 16 11:20 PM
- TEXAS: 36
OKLAHOMA STATE: 38
Jan 16 9:51 PM
- Smart among trio of players returning to Oklahoma State Apr 17
- Texas' Kabongo declares for NBA Draft Apr 12
- Ducks advance with win over Oklahoma State Mar 21
- Ducks, Cowboys collide in Midwest Regional action Mar 21
- Ducks, Cowboys collide in Midwest Regional action Mar 20
- K-State ousts OK State to reach Big 12 final Mar 16
- Pokes, 'Cats tangle in Big 12 semifinal round Mar 15
- Forte's late free throws leads Oklahoma State over Baylor Mar 15
- McGruder guides Kansas State over Texas in Big 12 quarters Mar 15
- Wildcats take on Longhorns in postseason play Mar 14
- Cowboys, Bears clash in Big 12 Tournament action Mar 14
- Oklahoma State stays hot at home, downs KSU Mar 9