South Dakota slides past North Dakota 74-64Jan 17, 2010 - 4:58 AM VERMILLION, S.D.(AP) -- Roman Gentry scored a season-high 27 points as he led South Dakota to a 74-64 victory over North Dakota on Saturday night.
Gentry was one of four players to score double digits for the Coyotes (9-8, 1-0 Great West).
Tyler Cain finished with a double-double, scoring 12 points and grabbing 16 rebounds, while Louie Krogman chipped in with 12 points and Jake Thomas added 11.
The Fighting Sioux (3-15, 1-1) trailed by just two points at halftime and grabbed a 40-37 lead early in the second period.
But foul trouble plagued them in the final half, with Patrick Mitchell and Derek Benter each picking up technical fouls. The Coyotes had 39 tries from the free-throw line in the half and were able to turn them into 26 points.
Mitchell finished with 17 points, while Travis Martens added 11 and Nick Haugen had 10.
- NORTH DAKOTA: 64
SOUTH DAKOTA: 74
Jan 16 11:15 PM
- NORTH DAKOTA: 30
SOUTH DAKOTA: 32
Jan 16 9:58 PM
- South Dakota's Tecker to miss senior season Apr 16
- No. 25 KSU turns it on late, beats South Dakota Dec 31
- South Dakota comes calling on Kansas State Dec 31
- No. 19 Gonzaga thumps South Dakota Nov 18
- Coyotes hoping to knock off 19th-ranked Zags Nov 18
- North Dakota claims second straight Great West Conference title Mar 10
- Great West crown on the line in Windy City Mar 10
- No. 17 Kansas thrashes North Dakota Dec 31
- North Dakota tops South Dakota in 2OT for Great West title Mar 13
- S. Dakota tops Houston Baptist 91-86 in Great West Mar 14
- South Dakota rallies past Texas-Pan American 76-71 Mar 12
- Flores leads NJIT to 70-57 win over North Dakota Mar 11