Johnson's 3-point play lifts Nevada by Idaho 67-66Feb 11, 2010 - 6:43 AM MOSCOW, Idaho(AP) -- Armon Johnson hit a layup and a free throw with 2.9 seconds left to lift Nevada past Idaho 67-66 on Wednesday night.
Johnson led the Wolf Pack (14-9, 6-4 Western Athletic) with 23 points, while Luke Babbitt added 21.
Johnson sank a 3-pointer with 19 seconds left to tie the game 64-64. Mac Hopson then hit two free throws with 6.2 seconds left to give the Vandals (11-12, 3-8) a 66-64 lead.
Johnson took the inbound pass, wove through traffic and went for the layup, drawing a foul from Kashif Watson and winning the game at the line.
Hopson led Idaho with 17 points.
Idaho came back from a 42-28 deficit at the half and led 59-54 with about 5 minutes to go. The Vandals outscored Nevada 38-25 in the second half.
- NEVADA: 67
Feb 11 1:05 AM
- NEVADA: 42
Feb 10 11:50 PM
- Snell, New Mexico tops Nevada Mar 7
- Lobos and Wolf Pack mix it up in Mountain West action Mar 6
- Lobos fire up The Pit by roasting Wolf Pack Feb 3
- Lobos and Wolf Pack meet for first time Feb 2
- Idaho will return to Big Sky Conference Oct 19
- Idaho hands No. 21 Utah State first WAC loss Feb 10
- Pane helps No. 22 Utah State top Nevada Feb 3
- UNLV stays unbeaten with win over Nevada Dec 5
- Nevada sophomore Babbitt leaving for NBA draft Apr 20
- Nevada guard Armon Johnson to enter NBA draft Apr 9
- James leads Rhode Island over Nevada in NIT 85-83 Mar 22
- Nevada hangs on to beat Wichita State 74-70 in NIT Mar 17