St. Francis (Pa.) rallies to beat Quinnipiac 73-68Feb 19, 2010 - 3:36 AM LORETTO, Pa.(AP) -- Will Felder scored a career-high 20 points and St. Francis (Pa.) rallied from a 17-point deficit to defeat Quinnipiac 73-68 on Thursday night.
The Red Flash (10-16, 8-7 Northeast Conference) shot 58.3 percent from the field (14-for-24) in the second half to snap Quinnipiac's winning streak at four.
St. Francis trailed by 17 in the first half and faced a 40-25 halftime deficit before it began its comeback.
Sorena Orandi hit a layup to cut the deficit to 48-40 before the Red Flash went on an 8-2 run, capped by Cedric Latimer's 3-pointer with a 10:46 left.
Chris Johnson hit a layup to tie the score at 50 and Devin Sweetney's layup gave St. Francis a 52-50 lead with 8:22 remaining.
Sweetney scored 13, Latimer 12 and Johnson had a career-high 11.
James Feldeine had 21 points and 12 rebounds and Justin Rutty had 14 and 16 for Quinnipiac (18-8, 12-3).
- QUINNIPIAC: 68
ST. FRANCIS (PA.): 73
Feb 18 9:37 PM
- QUINNIPIAC: 38
ST. FRANCIS (PA.): 25
Feb 18 8:21 PM
- Napier, UConn down Quinnipiac in 2-OT Nov 19
- Huskies and Bobcats meet in Paradise Jam semifinals Nov 18
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2016-17 season Jul 11
- St. Francis (PA) names Krimmel head men's basketball coach Apr 19
- Moore, No. 15 Pitt cruise to ninth straight victory Dec 20
- Quinnipiac extends Moore through 2015-16 season Jul 18
- Quinnipiac's Moore receives contract extension Apr 29
- Hokies beat Quinnipiac 81-61 in 1st round of NIT Mar 17
- R Morris wins NEC, earns second straight NCAA bid Mar 11
- Robert Morris 52, Quinnipiac 50 Mar 10
- Quinnipiac defeats Long Island 83-78 Mar 7
- St. Francis, Pa. 50, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 65 Mar 4