Siena defeats Marist 76-51Mar 1, 2010 - 12:02 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Edwin Ubiles scored 21 points and Siena defeated Marist 76-51 on Sunday in the regular season finale for both teams.
Ubiles was 7 of 13 from the field as the Saints (24-6, 17-1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Association) shot 41.8 percent (28 of 67).
Siena held the Red Foxes (10-24, 4-15) to 22.7 percent shooting from 3-point range (5 of 22) and forced 14 turnovers.
Candon Rusin's jump shot gave Marist a 26-24 lead with 3:18 left in the first half, but Siena answered with eight straight and led the rest of the way.
Marist pulled within 34-31 with 18:47 left, but Siena answered with 13 straight points to lead 47-31 on Clarence Jackson's 3 with 15:42 to go.
Jackson finished with 12 points and Alex Franklin and Ryan Rossiter chipped in 15 each for the Saints.
Devin Price scored 12 points and Korey Bauer chipped in 16 rebounds for the Red Foxes.
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Siena hires Patsos as new head coach Apr 3
- Siena fires coach Buonaguro Mar 12
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16