Siena defeats Marist 76-51Mar 1, 2010 - 12:02 AM ALBANY, N.Y.(AP) -- Edwin Ubiles scored 21 points and Siena defeated Marist 76-51 on Sunday in the regular season finale for both teams.
Ubiles was 7 of 13 from the field as the Saints (24-6, 17-1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Association) shot 41.8 percent (28 of 67).
Siena held the Red Foxes (10-24, 4-15) to 22.7 percent shooting from 3-point range (5 of 22) and forced 14 turnovers.
Candon Rusin's jump shot gave Marist a 26-24 lead with 3:18 left in the first half, but Siena answered with eight straight and led the rest of the way.
Marist pulled within 34-31 with 18:47 left, but Siena answered with 13 straight points to lead 47-31 on Clarence Jackson's 3 with 15:42 to go.
Jackson finished with 12 points and Alex Franklin and Ryan Rossiter chipped in 15 each for the Saints.
Devin Price scored 12 points and Korey Bauer chipped in 16 rebounds for the Red Foxes.
- Marist names Bower men's basketball coach Apr 11
- Siena hires Patsos as new head coach Apr 3
- Siena fires coach Buonaguro Mar 12
- No. 2 Kentucky hosts Marist is 2011-12 lidlifter Nov 11
- Wayns leads Villanova in rout of Marist Nov 16
- Siena guard Ronald Moore charged with DWI Apr 19
- Grant, Johnson lead Purdue past Siena 72-64 Mar 19
- Siena-Purdue Preview Mar 18
- NCAA-bound Siena tops Fairfield 72-65 in OT Mar 8
- Jackson, Moore lead Siena over Rider 72-62 Mar 7
- Canisius tops Marist 72-54 Mar 6