Radford defeats Charleston Southern 64-61 in OTMar 3, 2010 - 2:49 AM RADFORD, Va.(AP) -- Art Parakhouski scored 24 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Radford past Charleston Southern 64-61 in overtime in the quarterfinals of the Big South Conference tournament on Tuesday night.
Joey Lynch-Flohr added 14 points and 10 rebounds, and Lazer Trifunovic chipped in 14 points for the Highlanders, the defending tournament champions.
Radford, winners of five straight, will face Winthrop, an 80-72 winner over Liberty, in the semifinals on Thursday.
The Highlanders (19-11) scored the first six points of overtime, as the Buccaneers (13-17) went 0-for-3 from the field and turned the ball over. Blake Smith's layup gave the Highlanders a 61-55 lead with 1:16 remaining.
Charleston Southern trailed 53-43 with 7:56 left in regulation, but used a 10-2 run to tie it.
Jeremy Sexton scored 18 points and Kelvin Martin added 15 for the Buccaneers.
- CHARLESTON SOUTHERN: 61
Final - OT
Mar 2 9:05 PM
- CHARLESTON SOUTHERN: 20
Mar 2 7:45 PM
- Liberty wins Big South, going dancing with 20 losses Mar 10
- Buccaneers and Flames battle for Big South crown Mar 10
- No. 12 Arizona tops Charleston Southern Nov 11
- No. 12 Arizona opens season against Charleston Southern Nov 11
- NCAA punishes Radford for violations Feb 24
- Kentucky rolls over Radford Nov 23
- Radford faces tall task in clash with No. 2 Kentucky Nov 23
- Walker, Gators bounce back to down Radford Dec 22
- Liberty rallies to beat Charleston Southern 74-61 Feb 27
- Radford rallies to beat Winthrop 54-52 Feb 27
- Charleston Southern beats VMI 95-85 Feb 25