Fresno State holds on over Louisiana Tech 66-59Mar 5, 2010 - 5:43 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Greg Smith scored 17 points and Paul George had 16 points and seven rebounds as Fresno State ended its conference play by defeating Louisiana Tech 66-59 on Thursday night.
Mike Ladd added 11 points for Fresno State (15-17, 7-9 Western Athletic), which overcame a 10-point deficit early in the second half.
Olu Ashaolu scored 16 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for Louisiana Tech (22-8, 9-6) and Magnum Rolle added 15 points.
Jamel Guyton's 3-pointer with 1:02 remaining brought Louisiana Tech to within 61-59. Brandon Sperling and Smith combined to hit 5 of 6 free throws in the final 54 seconds and seal the victory for Fresno State.
Louisiana Tech concludes its conference play Saturday at Nevada in a game that will decide third place. Fresno State, meanwhile, moved a half-game ahead of San Jose State in the battle for fifth.
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28
- No. 19 New Mexico slips past Fresno State Feb 14
- MWC action pits Lobos against Bulldogs Feb 13
- No. 25 New Mexico trounces Fresno State Jan 12
- Fresno State seeks upset of No. 25 New Mexico Jan 12
- Franklin leads Aztecs over Bulldogs in MWC opener Jan 10
- No. 16 San Diego State opens MWC play at Fresno State Jan 9
- New Mexico State claims WAC title Mar 11
- Utah State blows out Louisiana Tech Mar 5
- No. 21 Utah State tops Fresno State Feb 13
- Utah State rips Louisiana Tech 85-55; 17th in row Mar 13