Fields's shot in final minute gives UTSA 65-63 winMar 7, 2010 - 2:31 AM NACOGDOCHES, Texas(AP) -- Terry Fields scored 12 points and hit a jumper with 58.4 seconds remaining to lift UTSA over Stephen F. Austin 65-63 Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both.
Morris Smith IV scored a team-high 13 points for the Roadrunners (19-10, 9-7 Southland Conference), who have won six of seven and finished tied for fifth in the conference.
Jereal Scott had 21 points to lead the Lumberjacks (21-8, 11-5), who suffered their first conference loss at home. SFA had already secured the No. 2 seed for next week's Southland tournament.
After the Lumberjacks' Walt Harris tied the game at 63-all on a free throw with just over a minute to play, Fields banked in a 10-footer for the game winner.
The game was tightly contested throughout. Neither team led by more than six, and there were 14 lead changes and 10 ties.
- Stephen F. Austin names Underwood new men's hoops coach Apr 24
- Northwestern State wins Southland Mar 17
- Demons, Lumberjacks duke it out for Southland crown Mar 16
- No. 25 Texas A&M takes down Stephen F. Austin Dec 4
- Lumberjacks to try and cut Aggies down to size Dec 3
- Sam Houston State wins Southland tournament title Mar 13
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi 53, Stephen F.Austin 60 Mar 11
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas A&M-CC, 60-53 Mar 11
- Texas A&M-Corpus Christi knocks out UTSA 78-66 Mar 10
- Stephen F. Austin defeats Texas-Arlington, 77-54 Mar 10
- Johnson's 29 points lead Texas State to 83-76 win Mar 3