No. 22 Memphis routs Austin PeayDec 4, 2011 - 5:44 AM Memphis, TN (Sports Network) - Will Barton posted 22 points, 13 rebounds and six assists to pace No. 22 Memphis over winless Austin Peay, 91-60.
Adonis Thomas made five three-pointers en route to a 17-point effort for the Tigers (4-2), winners of two straight following an overtime loss to Georgetown in the Maui Invitational.
Melvin Baker logged 15 points and seven rebounds for the Governors (0-9), who are off to their worst start in school history.
Memphis made four three-pointers during an early 16-2 run that yielded a 25-10 cushion eight minutes in.
"We're a good shooting team when we shoot within rhythm and get to the second or third side and make the extra pass," Memphis head coach Josh Pastner said.
Austin Peay made just one field foal in the final four-plus minutes of the first half, which ended with the hosts holding a 52-27 advantage.
Chris Crawford's three-pointer made it a 30-point game, 57-27, quickly into the second stanza, and the hosts cruised from there.
"We got some looks, but we didn't make any shots," Austin Peay head coach Dave Loos said.
Memphis has won the last six meetings...The Tigers shot 57 percent from the field and 15-of-25 from three-point range...Joe Jackson and Tarik Black donated 11 and 10 points, respectively, for Memphis.
- Memphis makes short work of Northwestern State Sat
- Demons seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Sat
- No. 21 Memphis downs No. 5 Oklahoma State Dec 1
- Top-25 showdown pits Cowboys against Tigers Dec 1
- Memphis downs LSU in Old Spice Classic semis Nov 29
- Memphis and LSU do battle in Old Spice Classic Nov 29
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Memphis dominates Nicholls State Nov 23
- Colonels face uphill climb in clash with 11th-ranked Tigers Nov 23
- Smart shines as Oklahoma State routs Memphis Nov 20
- Ranked foes square off in Old Spice Classic Nov 19