No. 22 Memphis routs Austin PeayDec 4, 2011 - 5:44 AM Memphis, TN (Sports Network) - Will Barton posted 22 points, 13 rebounds and six assists to pace No. 22 Memphis over winless Austin Peay, 91-60.
Adonis Thomas made five three-pointers en route to a 17-point effort for the Tigers (4-2), winners of two straight following an overtime loss to Georgetown in the Maui Invitational.
Melvin Baker logged 15 points and seven rebounds for the Governors (0-9), who are off to their worst start in school history.
Memphis made four three-pointers during an early 16-2 run that yielded a 25-10 cushion eight minutes in.
"We're a good shooting team when we shoot within rhythm and get to the second or third side and make the extra pass," Memphis head coach Josh Pastner said.
Austin Peay made just one field foal in the final four-plus minutes of the first half, which ended with the hosts holding a 52-27 advantage.
Chris Crawford's three-pointer made it a 30-point game, 57-27, quickly into the second stanza, and the hosts cruised from there.
"We got some looks, but we didn't make any shots," Austin Peay head coach Dave Loos said.
Memphis has won the last six meetings...The Tigers shot 57 percent from the field and 15-of-25 from three-point range...Joe Jackson and Tarik Black donated 11 and 10 points, respectively, for Memphis.
- Pastner staying put at Memphis, receives extension Mar 27
- Michigan State marches on to Sweet 16 with win over Memphis Mar 23
- Memphis meets Michigan State in third-round melee Mar 22
- Memphis holds off Saint Mary's, advances to third round Mar 21
- Gaels get together with Tigers for second-round rumble Mar 20
- Memphis outlasts Southern Miss for 3rd straight C-USA crown Mar 16
- C-USA crown on line in clash between Southern Miss and Memphis Mar 16
- Crawford paces Memphis into C-USA final Mar 15
- Tulsa meets Memphis in C-USA semifinals Mar 15
- Memphis handles Tulane in C-USA quarters Mar 14
- Memphis tips off final C-USA run against Tulane Mar 14
- No. 25 Memphis cruises past UAB Mar 9