Fisher reaches milestone as San Diego State downs WyomingJan 25, 2012 - 5:25 AM Laramie, WY (Sports Network) - Chase Tapley and Jamaal Franklin netted 12 points apiece, helping Steve Fisher earn his 250th career victory at San Diego State as the 13th-ranked Aztecs took down Wyoming, 52-42.
Fisher is second on the all-time wins list at San Diego State and trails only George Ziegenfuss, who finished his career with 316 victories.
"To come in here and get a win, I'm very appreciative, and do believe we earned it," said Fisher. "It's a good team we played. It's also a good defensive team. Both teams make it hard to get easy looks. But we had enough -- just enough -- to get out of here with a win."
James Rahon added nine points for the Aztecs (18-2, 4-0 MWC), who have won 11 straight games.
Leonard Washington had 12 points, eight rebounds and three blocks for Wyoming (16-4, 2-2), which shot just 30.6 percent from the field.
Washington had 10 points and five rebounds in the first half as the Cowboys trailed by just three at the break, 25-22.
But San Diego State began the second half on a 16-4 run to essentially put the game away.
Rahon had seven points during the surge, and the Aztecs held a 41-26 advantage with 12:15 to play.
Wyoming got no closer than eight points down the stretch.
"That was a disappointing night," said Wyoming coach Larry Shyatt. "I thought at halftime we were fortunate to be within a basket. We had three starters with two fouls, but were able to hang in the game."
The Aztecs have not allowed an opponent to score more than 70 points during their winning streak.
Tapley scored in double figures for a 14th straight game and with 11 rebounds, Franklin recorded his fifth double-double in seven contests...San Diego State shot 51.2 percent from the field and was 5-of-11 from beyond the arc...Wyoming has lost 15 of the past 22 meetings, but still leads the all- time series, 37-33.
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 52
Jan 24 10:20 PM
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 25
Jan 24 9:18 PM
- SAN DIEGO STATE: 0
1st Half - 20:00
Jan 24 8:37 PM
- Former Tulane standout joins San Diego State Thu
- FGCU moves into Sweet 16 by stunning Aztecs Mar 25
- Upstart Eagles take on Aztecs in South Regional dust-up Mar 23
- Franklin leads SDSU past Oklahoma Mar 23
- Aztecs set sights on Sooners in NCAA Tournament tilt Mar 21
- New Mexico gets past SDSU and into MWC final Mar 16
- Aztecs, Lobos do battle in Mountain West semifinals Mar 15
- New Mexico takes down Wyoming in MWC quarters Mar 14
- Cowboys, Lobos square off in MWC Tournament quarterfinals Mar 13
- No. 14 New Mexico handles slumping Wyoming Mar 2
- Pokes take aim at 14th-ranked Lobos Mar 2
- Kirk, New Mexico down SDSU Feb 28